aaa How do you make a good trance drum beat? - Drums / rhythms / programming forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Drums / rhythms / programming

Subject: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             22-Oct-00  @  11:27 AM   -   How do you make a good trance drum beat?

toomas

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I wonder how do you make a good trance drum beat.
What effects are u putting on the drums to get them "punchy"?
What effects are u putting on hihats and handclaps?
Do you have many sounds in a drum beat like maracas, closed hihats and so on?
Tell me how you make a good trance beat.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             23-Oct-00  @  08:06 AM   -   RE: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

k

Link?: Link

there can be alot of variation in trance, check out this excerpt... It's an unreleased track by Chirs organic which i'm probably going to put on this CD we are doing... boost up the midrange on your mixer when you play this back and listen to the detail going on in the drums as the track builds and builds subtly over minutes... this is just an excerpt but it goes on building and building with synths coming in and out... when you are at a trance gig and tripping this kind of track comes along and those drum details really draw you in to concentrate on them, but the whole vibe has dropped down to a more concentrated vibe ready for any building to crescendo's... just think tribal and you cant go wrong with trance.

Message 3/15             24-Oct-00  @  04:58 AM   -   RE: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

Syn

this is the most basic of all trance beats i think, yes u can throw just about any sound in you want as long as it sounds good and makes it roll a little, (put a little swing in it and u got house?)

Message 4/15             25-Oct-00  @  06:08 AM   -   RE: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

H

I can't belive that was even possible.i'll shut up now.

-;)

Message 5/15             26-Oct-00  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

Syn

shit i dont know what house sounds like hehe hence the question mark at the end

Message 6/15             26-Oct-00  @  10:45 PM   -   RE: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

biogenik

Link?:  Link

mate,
on the offbeats of a trance drum track, its not a click, its an open hihat.(i suggest a pitched up 909 open hat for a decent trance sound)

Message 7/15             27-Oct-00  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

y do I bother

it can be anything I want it to be really as long as it sounds good to me. yes it is usually a closed hihat from a 909, we all have a fat folder of those samples somewhere on our hard drive

Message 8/15             30-Oct-00  @  09:26 AM   -   RE: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

dikkebees

The tambaurine must change in velocity every step(That's one loud and one not so loud). try making a 'groove' with the velocity.

Message 9/15             02-Nov-00  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

hajee

Remember speed about 132-134 (this keeps people dancing for hours and hours)Fuck swing for trance, it's mostly straight quantitisation. Start by 'blending'the kick and the Bass...give the kick it's onw frequency in the lower regions....same fro the bass..

straigt Kick + syncopated bass + hat is good too...works almost always.

Message 10/15             03-Nov-00  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: How do you make a good trance drum beat?

Jasper

yeah, a lot of the groove will come from how the sounds are interacting. So make sure your sounds love each other and want to spend quality time making little funky sounds of there own and that.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)