aaa If the 303 is really overused... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: If the 303 is really overused...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             08-Apr-98  @  09:29 AM   -   If the 303 is really overused...

ratfink

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

...why the new chat page and sustained interest? i think people say its overused just so the common rabble drop it then they can slip 'em onto their tracks and act like geniuses in interviews; "well yeah there's a 303 in there but i don't use it that much coz its overused!" we're onto you bastards!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             10-Apr-98  @  01:03 AM   -   RE: If the 303 is really overused...

retro96

Obviously overused, but, so what, there are endless possibilities with the o' so' funky sequencer. Everything can be used in new ways, it's up to the artist to find them (some people just can't use it in any other way than what you hear all da time they getz stuck in using the same lines/tempo/filter sweep rez etc) - hence the creation of the OOOOO so funky mc303 mc505 mc??? (sampled spit)---- seriuosly, the original can sound much much different if you work it right.  

Message 3/21             10-Apr-98  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: If the 303 is really overused...

Who cares who's using it? If you like it, and you think it fits what you're doing musically, *use*
it. That's my take on it, and yes, I will continue throwing 303 riffs into my mixes as long as I feel
the urge to tweak the knobs, no matter what anybody else thinks is trendy or neat. I don't mind
being labeled old hat, as long as I'm true to myself.

Message 4/21             10-Apr-98  @  05:46 PM   -   RE: If the 303 is really overused...

DIGS

That damn guitar sound again!! It seems like every rock song I listen to has one in it!! genre people genre!!!

Message 5/21             24-Apr-98  @  06:28 PM   -   RE: If the 303 is really overused...

Looneyfreaks

If it is over used big deal? Lets put it this way if the 303 is over used so is the 909, 808, 101, 106, jd800, akai samplers, well I could go on and on but you get my point...You have to remember that there is not a lot of 303 out there and there is more music made with out a 303 than with so I don't think it is over used..If you got it use it..Due to I paid an arm and a leg and one of my eyeballs for it so I am going to use it every chance I get...Big deal I am trendy 303 fan BLA,BLA, BLA..and if you are reading this so are you or you wouldn't be looking at this page...
N.P.L

Message 6/21             25-Apr-98  @  08:15 AM   -   RE: If the 303 is really overused...

Guitars are used in EVERY rock song. Maybe the manufactures of electric guitars should stand up and take notice of the people of this large world and go into retirement. Then maybe we could see some new instruments being designed...

Message 7/21             26-Apr-98  @  05:07 AM   -   RE: If the 303 is really overused...

Sedusa

Link?:  Link

That's why I don't listen to very much rock anymore.... Straight guitars are fuckin boring..... Don't get me wrong.... I HAVE a guitar, I LOVE my guitar, I was a guitarist, ans I still USE my guitar!! But it needs to be mixed up, y'know? Straight guitar sounds are boring.... I only dig on a few guitar bands these days... Reverend Horton Heat being one of the great exceptions.... But a guitar in every song is wack... Just like the 303.... It's a good sound, but it ain't everything....

Message 8/21             19-May-98  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: If the 303 is really overused...

di96awe

It's overused. But still sounds like squieky-god.

Mvh: Ezel ... sweden

Message 9/21             19-May-98  @  11:08 PM   -   RE: If the 303 is really overused...

yo mutha:0)

I think that saying it's over used, is over used. It's also more popular now a days to dis the 303 than to like it. That's the big trend now! "Oh, 303's are borring. You suck for useing one". What ever, than sell me yours for $1.00 than fukko!! I say we all unite & bash the bashers!!! A 303 Nation are we all!!
-LArry

Message 10/21             20-May-98  @  08:03 PM   -   RE: If the 303 is really overused...

celtic dream

Ha, take that all you 303 hating fuckers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)