aaa how do I begin producing records? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: how do I begin producing records?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             22-Apr-98  @  12:45 AM   -   how do I begin producing records?

Antonio_carlo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i want to know what i need (currently all I have is an MC-505) to make music of vinyl quality and how to get recognized. could anyone help a young aspiring artist?

Antonio Barros
Alta Loma, California

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             24-Apr-98  @  12:08 AM   -   RE: how do I begin producing records?

mm

Get good... get more gear (sampler mixer effects) get some tapes out to people who have money for you, get a deal get a million dollars get me some cos im aspiring but not very good heh heh

Message 3/12             24-Apr-98  @  10:51 AM   -   RE: how do I begin producing records?

Jock

1. Take drugs

2. Slide your knob up some A&R Mans arse of a big record company.

3. Create a complete pile of shite piece of music.

4. Get to number one in the charts by the usual corrupt fixed manner.

5. Take some more drugs.

6. Die in a bath in Paris.

Message 4/12             24-Apr-98  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: how do I begin producing records?

Looneyfreaks

I would surly get more equipment..You don't need a lot but some more would help..I mean you could do a whole record on a MC505 or a MC303 for that matter but so could everyone else...so save your money and turn that MC505 inside out..I would suggest a sampler workstation..a K2000 or an ASR10 well maybe not an asr I have had problems in the past..but what do I know Im not making any money playing my music except when I play it at work..But I am a dj so no one at the club knows it is my track anyway....
N.P.L.

Message 5/12             24-Apr-98  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: how do I begin producing records?

X2C4NRG

All you need is an ASR10, Some dope dope sounds, and a whole lot of ideas. The ASR has everything but a rezo knob. (Thats why I bought my Novation Bass Staion).

Message 6/12             27-Apr-98  @  08:55 AM   -   RE: how do I begin producing records?

Antonio_carlo

I think all I really need to get now is a sampler (sp-808), and a full-size keyboard (XP-60). I am just now starting to realize the revolutionary aspects of my 505.

Message 7/12             18-Apr-99  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: how do I begin producing records?

Deep Blue

The ASR10 has a third party filter effect complete with resonance that can be controlled via the data slider. Way cool... It was made by a small software
company by the name of wavebody back in 1991. Once again,...Happy Filtering.

Message 8/12             19-Apr-99  @  01:47 AM   -   RE: how do I begin producing records?

ReZo

Link?: Link

Yeah, I have the Waveboy Resonance Filter. Its alright I guess but its not exactly what I wanted...or maybe it is and Im not doing something...???

I just use my Bass Station or 777 to filter my samples. Its works. I need to fiddle around more with the Waveboy filter though. Ill give my honest opinion after I figure everything out.
Thanks for the info though!
out...

ReZo-99

Message 9/12             19-Apr-99  @  02:46 AM   -   RE: how do I begin producing records?

Blue

I have the owners manual for it as well I will read about it and find out more. for you, for me, for everybodie.

Message 10/12             22-Apr-99  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: how do I begin producing records?

skot_e

Speaking of waveboy, what is their Voder effect like?

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)