aaa RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/29             15-May-98  @  05:39 PM   -   RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

pedicelli

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Unless you can get a TB-303 for cheap, forget about it. If you want that 303 sound and feel, get Rebirth v1.5 (or higher) and buy a Roland MCR-8. The MCR-8 is a MIDI controller which can plug into your joystick port of your sound card (MIDI IN), It has 8 knobs and 8 sliders, both with dual function (so in essance you have 16 knobs and sliders, so if you really wanna get crazy, you can have 4 TB-303's).

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/29             16-May-98  @  09:52 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

celtic dream

Yea,how much does the MCR-8 go for?Also with,the 8 knobs and 8 sliders,what would I be able to asign them to cuz the 303s have have 6 knobs.....would this mean Im going to have some unassigned knobs on the MCR?thanks!

Message 3/29             17-May-98  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

pedicelli

I bought my MCR-8 for $400.00 CAN, but the retail price is $650.00 CAN (I got it for $400.00 'cause it was the last one). And ya, if you want two TB-303's at the same time, you'll have to cut down on some knobs. Fuck the TUNE and ACCENT, just use CUTOFF, RESONANCE, ENVELOPE, and DECAY. I usually assign the last knob (the 9th on the MASTER section) to be the TUNE, and if you wanna change the TUNE on the second 303, just use the dual function key. So, in essance, everything works out fine with this machine!

Message 4/29             03-Jun-98  @  12:37 PM   -   Does enyone have the serialnumbers for rebirth 1.0

made_inc

I got my self a craced version of a rebirth 338 ver 1.0

but I don`t have the serial number so I can`t send my own productions to the propellerheads

please send me the serial numbers if you have some that I can use

thanks

Message 5/29             05-Jun-98  @  11:17 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

MegaFun

Check out the new phatboy controler from KeyFax.

Message 6/29             06-Jun-98  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

pedicelli

The Phatboy is full of shit. You've got a few knobs and that's about it. With the MCR-8, you can have 16 knobs and 16 sliders (with the dual function), and a shit load of buttons to be programmed for controlling the sequences...

Message 7/29             20-Jun-98  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

qube_bass

have any of you used the "PHAT.BOY" yet? from what i have read about it this is the bomb! is it really? i'm gonna buy mine in 2 weeks...

i'll be using mine to control my (roland) pma-5,and rebirth v2.0.

greetings from:

austin,texas

Message 8/29             20-Jun-98  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

pedicelli

Forget the Phatboy...I told ya, it's full of crap...just compare the Roland MCR-8 to it...
The Phatboy has only something like 14 knobs and that's it....

The Roland MCR-8 has 9 sliders (17 with dual function), 9 knobs (17 with dual function), 24 buttons, and sequence buttons (play, stop...)...

Message 9/29             05-Jul-98  @  08:58 AM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

AC

Dear pedicilli.
That info about the mcr-8 is the most useful info I've read on dancetech so far. Thanks for your help...I've decided to but another pc for rebirth and hook it up to a mcr-8 if I can find one. Thanks for enlightening me...I can't wait to try it out!

Message 10/29             06-Jul-98  @  01:28 AM   -   RE: RB-338 & the Roland MCR-8

x2c4nrg

I read up on the MCR-8 and now I want one. This thing sounds hella dope. I found them at MIDI-classics.com for $285 U.S. Does anyone have one for sale or know where I can find one cheaper? I want one so I'm just trying to look around first. E-mail me if you might know.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)