aaa Cool Basslines - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Cool Basslines

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/43             21-Aug-98  @  08:59 PM   -   Cool Basslines

pedicelli

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does anyone have any cool famous basslines to share?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/43             22-Aug-98  @  02:39 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

I replayed "Da Funk" on ReBirth. Cant say the 303 has the same sound but close enough I guess. Its only the last half of "Da Funk" though...the acid part.

Message 3/43             22-Aug-98  @  06:06 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

celtic dream

hey x2c4nrg can you give me the settings 4 da funk..........that acid line is dope!!!!.......PERHAPS the best one they did!THANX

Message 4/43             22-Aug-98  @  10:58 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

Yeah...just leave your e-mail address and Ill send it to you. Ill send you the whole song. Its not fully sequenced though, but you can mess around with it. Either e-mail me or leave your e-mail address.

Message 5/43             26-Aug-98  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

kmfdm

I'd like to figure out the bass line to Phuture's AcidTrax.

Message 6/43             28-Aug-98  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

For some damn reason I cant figure out Planet Souls "Set You Free". Its seems simple enough...I mean I figured out "Da Funk" so why the hell cant I figure out "Set You Free"? I love George Acostas music and want to RePlay it just for the hell of it. Has anyone RePlayed it? All the patterns?

Message 7/43             28-Aug-98  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

pedicelli

Damnit! I used to have The Prodigy's "Speedway" perfectly sequenced...think I deleted it. I checked out that "Da Funk"...wasn't too hot with the sequencing...

If anyone has any good 303 lines, post 'em....

Message 8/43             29-Aug-98  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

I told you. I didnt really fool around with it too much. Thats why I told you that you could sequence however you want cause its not really sequenced.

Message 9/43             30-Aug-98  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

pedicelli

I tried to re-sequence it, but no luck...usually what I do is I sample the audio, cut it to just one measure of of a bassline, then convert it to a fasttracker instrument so I can slow it down and play with it repeatevely....then I loop a note and play around with the pitch with an acid sample...I had something close, but it's so hard to do. This is what I did with The Prodigy's "Speedway"....the thing with Da Funk is that there's so many slides...really hard to do. Also, we'll never get that same distortion because Daft Punk uses actual distortion pedals, and RB-338 has the most crappiest distotion...the one from version 1.5 was better.....

Message 10/43             31-Aug-98  @  05:53 AM   -   RE: Cool Basslines

x2c4nrg

I usually do the same thing. Ill make an acid loop on ReBirth and Ill sample it on my ASR-10 and loop it. Then Ill slow it down, speed it up, cut it, chop it, freak it, tweak it, and/or whatever makes it sound dope. Then Ill add something from my Bass Station, yes the one that people have never tried and usually dis but is super dope, and add the final touches...add this and that and... you know the process. I pretty much use my ASR-10 to sequence everything. -Pete

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 43 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)