aaa Quasimidi Sirius or MC505 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             19-Nov-98  @  08:27 PM   -   Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

Looney boy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Whitch of the two do you think is better? The Quasimidi Sirius or the Roland MC505? Lets see what you can tell me. Does anyone own both?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             20-Nov-98  @  06:13 AM   -   RE: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

dont own them but the sirius looks like toy that playschool released.....Im not turned on by the stuff Ive seen that Quasimidi puts out......thats just my opinion though

Message 3/12             20-Nov-98  @  01:34 PM   -   RE: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

cyborg0

The sirius may look cheezy, but I tell ya, quasimidi puts out some good stuff.. The q309 that I have will NEVER be traded.. I see these units as being the TR909s of the 90s..It is such a versatile unit and just plain easy and fun to use and the variety of sounds you can get by having every parameter available and recordable in the patterns is amazing..For live use, its amazing..Triggering patterns on the fly, messing with parameters in real time, etc..
And I have heard the the Sirius is all that and more. Plus, the filters sound MUCH better on the Sirius than on the mc505, and you get a vocoder, a beat match funtion, a full keyboard. and multi mode filters on the Sirius..
I have actually though about replacing my 309 AND Nord Lead with the Sirius.. I heard some trax from it, and its excellent..

Message 4/12             20-Nov-98  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

LooneyBoy

Well the only thing about the Sirius I don't like is the lack of outputs.

Message 5/12             23-Nov-98  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

cyborg0

Well, honestly, I think that individual outs are great if the unit doesnt have any built-in effects. If you have no built in fx, then you have to route them on the mixer bus, thereby making the individual outs necessary.
I used to think that lots of individual outs were needed, but with built in fx they really arent.
I would rather be forced to watch the internal mixing and fx bus on a unit than have to have a 32 channel mixer to lug around to my live gigs.
rob

Message 6/12             23-Nov-98  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

Looney Boy

Well the good thing about having more outs is in some cases the effects onboard are not the effects you want. Also some times I have found if you have to many sounds coming from only 2 outputs it seems to sound muddy. Maybe I need more practice.

Message 7/12             24-Nov-98  @  01:21 PM   -   RE: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

cyborg0

Yeah, sometimes they will get muddy and distorted, but from what I have seen if you watch the individual levels of each sound you can minimize this..
Rob

Message 8/12             24-Nov-98  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

Thannks for all your answers.

Message 9/12             25-Nov-98  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

#######

Whats your choice now ?

Message 10/12             27-Nov-98  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Quasimidi Sirius or MC505

cd

I made the comment that the sirius looks cheesy......but I played with it last week and i think the things a blast!!!man I was impressed......would be great in live use,cuz its all in one.the vocorder cant be looped so that shits all on the fly unless you have a sampler.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)