aaa Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             10-Dec-98  @  06:34 PM   -   Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

pedicelli

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm getting pretty close to buying my first synth and I've read heaps of reviews on all of these machines. Now I would appreciate some feedback, or any other advice on what I should get. I've actually used the Z1 before, and right now it's selling for $1695.00 CAN, so it looks quite tempting..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             11-Dec-98  @  08:32 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

cd

I have a JP and I fuckin love it!awsome sound control..... Im thinking of getting a Z1,personally I see z1 as a JP on steroids,fuckin awsome.....goa in a box!!!the problem with this machine is you cant program loops,so if you have or are going to get a softwere program that can control the Z1 then I would recomend it over the JP......the Z1 does have a poly arpeggiator from hell though!!!so if you dont mined the $500 differance then I would get the Z1.....I dont know a thing about the Nordlead so I cant say nothing about that one.Hope Ive helped some!!!PEACE

Message 3/19             11-Dec-98  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

cd

I have a JP and I fuckin love it!awsome sound control..... Im thinking of getting a Z1,personally I see z1 as a JP on steroids,fuckin awsome.....goa in a box!!!the problem with this machine is you cant program loops,so if you have or are going to get a softwere program that can control the Z1 then I would recomend it over the JP......the Z1 does have a poly arpeggiator from hell though!!!so if you dont mined the $500 differance then I would get the Z1.....I dont know a thing about the Nordlead so I cant say nothing about that one.Hope Ive helped some!!!PEACE

Message 4/19             11-Dec-98  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

pedicelli

What do you mean the Z1 can't make loops? You can't record patterns into it? No internal sequencer? So I'd have to use something like Cakewalk to program the notes? (and this would not even take one wave channel right, cause it would just be receiving MIDI, right???)

I'd appreciate more information. Thanks!

Message 5/19             12-Dec-98  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

cd

no,you cant program patterns into it(way shitty,I know)....ok this Is how Im going to program mine(someday)First you can right your loop on Cubase,cake walk,...ect...ect,then send that midi info to the Z1,it will play the loop.Then record the audio on one of the softwere programs audio tracks.......from there you can cut and paised,run more loops and layer it...or whatever.....hopes this helped!!!Tell me if you need the specks and I'll post'um up here for ya....peace

Message 6/19             12-Dec-98  @  03:53 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

pedicelli

Understood...that's the way I thought it worked, but let me just get this straight....the patterns are recorded into the sequencer (in MIDI)....the MIDI is sent to the Z1 and internally it plays the patterns (up to 6 multi timbral parts)....no WAVE channels from the sound card needed? (unless I wanna layer more than 6 parts, right?)

Message 7/19             12-Dec-98  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

cd

thats right you can record(on the seq.)and the Z1 will do up to 6 parts.........I'm not sure about the WAVE channels.

Message 8/19             12-Dec-98  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

pedicelli

Well, if the MIDI signal as simply notes not sound is being transfered to the Z1, then no WAVE channels should be in use....WAVE channels would only be used if I wanted to have 7 parts sequenced....6 in MIDI be sent to the Z1, and 1 part on my computer in WAVE format....

I'm very concerned about the WAVE problem, because my sound card can only handle one WAVE channel at a time...

Message 9/19             13-Dec-98  @  03:01 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

cd

If your going to be using more then 6 parts then I would just record that on audio and overlap....unless you plan on goin'live with it>

Message 10/19             13-Dec-98  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: Korg Z1, Clavia Nordlead, or a Roland JP-8000

at

Don't forget to consider the Access Virus. It now has an excellent (32 band) vocoder. This synth seriously kiks ass!!!

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)