aaa PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20             03-Feb-99  @  04:37 PM   -   PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

hafseen

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

The Phat-boy is the best midi controller to have ever been created. It makes full use of the two TB-303's in Rebirth and makes it feel REAL, Unlike various other midi controllers available on the market. It is was even used for demonstration purposes at the Steinberg show promoting Rebirth and it has won so many awards. Check out the site at:- www.keyfax.com. Im using the Phat-Boy for the 2 TB-303's and it is wicked. It's 100% compatible with Rebirth and other midi programs. Check it out!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             04-Feb-99  @  12:58 AM   -   RE: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

pedicelli

The Phatboy is the shittest MIDI controller to have ever lived, obviously you've never heard of the Roland MCR-8.

Check out my website for more information, it's the 3rd last section:
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Museum/3068/smek.htm

Message 3/20             04-Feb-99  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

JonDoe

i bought Kawai K5000 Macro Control
it has 18 knobs (phat only 13!!!)
phat costs 399dm and macro 329dm in germany...
so i would say phat sucks.......

Message 4/20             04-Feb-99  @  11:31 PM   -   RE: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

pedicelli

The Roland MCR-8 has 8 knobs, 16 with dual function, and about 50 buttons. I paid about $500.00 CAN.

Message 5/20             05-Feb-99  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

IF IT WAS SHIT THEN WHY DID IT WIN SOOOO MANY AWARDS???? HMMM.... I WANDER. LIKE YOU SAID THE ROLAND MCR-8 HAS 8 KNOBS, EXCUSE ME BUT HOW MANY KNOBS DOES A TB-303 HAVE, THE ANSWER IS 6. 6 FOR THE FIRST TB-303 ON REBIRTH AND SIX FOR THE SECOND TB-303. YOU SEE IT DOESNT HAVE 8 KNOBS, DUH IF YOU USED 6 KNOBS ON THE ROLAND MCR-8 YOU ARE LEFT WITH 2 KNOBS FOR THE SECOND TB-303 ON REBIRTH. GEEZ PEOPLE CANT COUNT NOWADAYS.

LOOKS AS IF YOU HAVE ASTED YOUR MONEY.

BY THE WAY I DID SEE THE MCR-8 AND TESTED IT OUT ITS CRAP.

IM OUTTA HERE....

Message 6/20             05-Feb-99  @  09:09 AM   -   RE: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

IF IT WAS SHIT THEN WHY DID IT WIN SOOOO MANY AWARDS???? HMMM.... I WANDER. LIKE YOU SAID THE ROLAND MCR-8 HAS 8 KNOBS, EXCUSE ME BUT HOW MANY KNOBS DOES A TB-303 HAVE, THE ANSWER IS 6. 6 FOR THE FIRST TB-303 ON REBIRTH AND SIX FOR THE SECOND TB-303. YOU SEE IT DOESNT HAVE 8 KNOBS, DUH IF YOU USED 6 KNOBS ON THE ROLAND MCR-8 YOU ARE LEFT WITH 2 KNOBS FOR THE SECOND TB-303 ON REBIRTH. GEEZ PEOPLE CANT COUNT NOWADAYS.

LOOKS AS IF YOU HAVE ASTED YOUR MONEY.

BY THE WAY I DID SEE THE MCR-8 AND TESTED IT OUT ITS CRAP.

IM OUTTA HERE....

Message 7/20             05-Feb-99  @  10:50 PM   -   RE: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

pedicelli

I can't count? Looks like you can't read fucking plain English for fucks sake....I said there's 8 knobs, and 16 with dual function. There are 8 physical knobs, and when you press the B button, you get 8 other functioning knobs...press A and B together, and you control all 16 at the same time....

The MCR-8 is 20 million times more useful. I can tweak all 303's, raise a lower volumes on the 909/808, select 303, 808, and 909 patterns....sequence.....trigger effects, mute patterns....

Try doing all that with your piece of shit Phatboy....

Message 8/20             06-Feb-99  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

Fuck off you jealous bastard.

Message 9/20             06-Feb-99  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

pedicelli

Jealous of what? Your piece of shit-inferior like MIDI controller? Looks like YOU wasted your money.

Message 10/20             12-Feb-99  @  10:09 PM   -   RE: PHAT-BOY MIDI CONTROLLER--FOR REBIRTH!!

Yes so did you

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)