aaa Groove Approved - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Groove Approved

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/40             18-Feb-99  @  04:46 AM   -   Groove Approved

confusionrecords

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Ok, well my definition of a groove approved product.
"groove approved"-A "raver's" machine for producing cheezy dance music, a waste of metal and wires, designed for a bunch of kids who "don't know", a too easy to program drum machine/synth,ok, I'd better stop cause I won't if I don't force myself too.

And for those who think it's "cool" or "awsome" your obviously a stupid raver kid. ok, so let's see. When is the last time you saw this? "Richie Hawtin- decks, efx, and a MC-303"??? Hmmm, uh......never. When will you ever see this? "Jeff Mills- decks, MC-505"??? hmmm, never? Uh yeah, I think so. So it comes down to this, if you own, plan to own, or actually like these stupid machines, you're obviously a very lost child. And feel happy to rip on me and try and back up the "groove approved" shit, cause I don't give a fucking shit about anyone who likes anything that's "groove approved". And for those who know, please teach others, cause if this is the future, count me out of it, and plan for techno/house/jungle/anything to take a seriouse downfall from a bunch of shitty ass "groove approved" made records siting in a record store for about 50 years.
Well, later and fuck anything "groove oriented" by roland.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/40             18-Feb-99  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

PHUCKEDUP

YEAH! gRRoOVe rEMoVED more like

Message 3/40             18-Feb-99  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

PHUCKEDUP

Roland really have lost the plot I'm afraid, I admit when the MC303 came out I bought one, I was under the illusion that it was an accurate 303 module, after all who better to make a clone than the company that made the real thing? BOYYEE was I wrong!
Instead what I had actually got for my £565 was a box of puny synth noises a few OK drums and 100 of the worst excuses for "Dance Music" patterns ever (supposedly created by top producers? YEAH whatever!) Anyway after about 3 months I sold it for £200.
After that I vowed NEVER to buy Roland gear again because in my opinion they wouldn't know what Techno was if it trampled all over their fucking heads! Having said that Yamaha who's gear I hated in the 80s have really come into their own; for example the A3000 which I have to say is THE fattest meanest funkiest cunt of a sampler EVER period. Also the Quasimidi 309 is quite a cool box for live stuff, my buddy got one just after I got my MC303 needles to say I was gutted when I heard how much better it was( I had to ring about 30 dealers to get the MC303 coz it had just come out and I bought it without hearing it SUCKER! I beleived the hype from the reviews and bought it mail order). I just wish that I had not sold my TB303, MC202, TR808, SH101, Pro One around 1992 when I was broke.
I'm quite happy with my current setup which is MB33, Pulse, TX81z, A3000, Korg Prophecy, Rebirth and a few weird analog drum modules.
So my advice is if you are thinking of buying a Groovebox, Dance module or anything with claims of being a "DJ remix complete solution in a box" think what you could buy instead. Its like HiFi, separates are much better, I would be more than happy to recommend alternatives for any begginers out there. PEACE, LOVE, TECHNO

Message 4/40             18-Feb-99  @  11:29 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

pedicelli

Every sentence,every word...so true it's not funny. The Groove series is so full of shit and no one professional uses it..

Although Scooter is carrying the MC-505 on their latest tour and have it rackmounted to face the audience...that's what I call advertising with major product placement...

Message 5/40             19-Feb-99  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

Franky

Stop People !!

Not all in the Groove Series is really shit ! The MC.303;The Groovesynth,The Groovekeyboard ok ! But take a look to the SP-808 Groovesampler ! This thing is pretty cool. you have a limit sample
by 17 mins per sample on Stereo and 44 khz. You have endless programmable effekts !!
You can stretch voice samples without losing the sound of the voice. You have an 4 track recorder with them you can record songs an edit them in many ways...
This thing has an virtual analog synth effekt wich sounds pretty cool. You have an intern ZIP Drive
an you can an external Board for using an external ZIP Drive for Backups. Then You have an Digital OUT in the External Board... . I think this Sampler is not really a part of the Groove Series.
This Sampler is a fuckin´bomb in my eyes. Perheaps i´m blind but i think this is a real good sampler.
Next: I think the MC-505 is an Good Synth. You have very much preset sounds wich you can make to really dope sounds... You can clear all the preset sound patterns for having mor space to save your own patterns. The filters are ok if you run the sounds thru it !!! And the built in effekts are also
not a bullshit the can very helpfull for makin´realy fat bassdrums. And by the way the drumkits of the 505 are perfekt you have such a bomb of drums ... cool !
I connected my 505 with my Kawai K5000s and if these both machines rockin if workin together.
With the macro control of the kawai plus the filter an the other knobs of the 505 you can really wicked tweakin the sounds boy this can i tell you.

Ok thats my opinion. I´m partitial with your opinion about the Groove Synthese of Roland but
it´s ever so in live : Nothing is a whole shit. Some things of the Roland series are ok.

It´s to easy to say i´ts all shit. Anyway

Peace Franky

Message 6/40             19-Feb-99  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

Franky

Ohh i forgot: You say no professional Gusy using these gear ??!

The Guys at SUBLIME RECORDS already using the SP-808 !!!

Franky

Message 7/40             20-Feb-99  @  12:46 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

The only sampler's or sampler I would ever use would be Emu or Akai. No others thank you. I would never touch anything roland has made anytime close to now. Roland is officially shit now. And I would never support such a "make money" type of buisness that they are now, no matter what they were making. If it wasn't for the new "groove approved" shit, it would save me from hearing a lot of shitty ass music. And those digital filters. Well if you wanna call them filters, sound like ass! They sound so cheezy digital that I can't stand the fuckers! Anyway, Roland now sucks, and I will never support there fake asses again.

Message 8/40             20-Feb-99  @  04:53 AM   -   RE: Groove Approved

ReZo-99

I use an Ensoniq sampler and I love it. Very user friendly. Roland? I don't know...I feel that the only thing that these 'Groove Approved' synths are good for is for sequencing drum loops. I dont like digital fiters at all. They sound alright for filtering samples and drum loops, but analog fiters are the way to go. I would probably buy a 'Groove Approved' box if I found one extremely cheap but no way would I pay full price.

Thats my 2 cents...

ReZo-99

Message 9/40             20-Feb-99  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

Franky

I think your opinions are not wrong. These of course really good gear you´re using. But what I wan´t
to say is: some of thi groove gear is not so bad as you tell it. Let me explain, the 505 was for me the entry of makin techno ! The years before i was only a DJ an i wanted only more extern 303
Sounds in my Set. I´ve got no knowledge ´bout makin music. I´ve only know the 303, the 909 ... .
So i´ve heard ´bout the MC 303 and i´ve thinkin these thing is a new good 303 clone ! I´ve wen´t to
an Roland dealer and asked him about the MC 303. This guy was an mutherfuckin´ asshole and he says the MC 505 would make some better and more realistic 303 Sounds than the MC 303 does.
And he played some fine sounds and I´m thinkin cool thats it wow. I´ve got no really the knowledge
what there are for other gear around and what they makes ... . I´ve bought it !
I´ts not so bad but i´m with you in the opinionabout the price ! Yeas this price is much to heavy.
OK the SP-808 is for me a good sampler i love it . Thats the way.
Since i´ve reading this board i´ve learned more about these other stuff... . In a few weeks i get my
Fr-777. Perheaps i will change then my current opinion and i will selling my MC-505.
I will see. So in this way i will givin respect and peace to ReZo, CyborgZero, LonneyFreaK, Pedicelli. You´re postings had helping my really much !!

Go on in these way !!!! PEACE Franky (-:

Message 10/40             20-Feb-99  @  06:35 PM   -   RE: Groove Approved

pedicelli

Yo man, maybe if you understood a little more about making techno and about the quality of internals and such, you'd see how shit the whole Groove series was...it's just a bunch of samples which get modulated by shitty filters...

Now my Korg Prophecy on the other hand.....it's 100% digital, but I think everyone knows about it's filters and internals. Korg's MOSS whops ass and makes the fattest sounds on earth.....sounds and FEELS totally analog.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 40 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)