aaa Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             06-Mar-99  @  12:45 PM   -   Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!!

pedicelli

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi guys, this is a quick note to tell you to never exchange your synths for a TB-303. The TB-303 is outdated now and doesnt have as many functions as the Korg Phrophecy which I currently have the pleasure of owning. The TB-303 cant handle all the programming which the Korg can. If you're that desperate just get Rebirth and use the Midi Controller which I own, the Roland MCR-8. Its the best one to buy and don't be fooled with the likes of the Phatboy, because it cant handle all the paramaters of Rebirth, like the Slides of the 303, 808 and 809 and the pan, and so on. Anyway later.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             06-Mar-99  @  09:30 PM   -   RE: Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!!

Who's the stupid cunt that wrote that? Never fucking wrote that in my life....

Message 3/13             06-Mar-99  @  11:16 PM   -   looking to buy a tb 303 or possibly a tr 909

pmbst23

hey guys im new here. i just bought rebirth a month ago and although i really like it i think id like to try out the
real equipment. ive heard these machines are real expensive but i was just wondering if u guys knew where to
get the best deals. id really like to get into makin house but i dont know exactly what equipment i would
need. I figured the 303 and the 909 would be the bare minimum but im not sure what other practical stuff i
would need to get started. if anyone could help i would really appreciate it.

Not goin to cancun for spring break,

Pete

Message 4/13             07-Mar-99  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!!

Who'ever wrote the first message is a fucking retarded dick head who I would willingly punch you're teeth in for being so fucking stupid! First, the 303 isn't famous cause you can do a lot with it, it's famous for what it does. The one thing, make an acid/bass line. It's not famous for being able to do a lot. It's not some big programable synth. It's pretty much not even supposed to be a synth. And that's the best part. Someone's mistake, is anothers dream. Now, you're saying that anyone that would trade a synth for a 303 is nuts? Ok, well for a free phrophecy I would maybe lick the bottom of my shoe. For a free 303 I would lick the bottom of my shoe, kick the fuck out of you're dumb ass, eat shit, drink piss, fuck you're entire family, fuck a cat, kill the president, and basically anything. Also, the chat is to chat about the 303, not for stupid fucks like you talking stupidity. Go find a "phrophecy" chat, speak you're retarded way's that people can laugh at you for. And if you can't find one, tell me and I'll go make one for you so I don't have to blable you're retardedness here. So do us all a favor. Sell you're phrophecy, buy a 303, have sex with a family member, and maybe we'll accept you back here. But until then, FUCK OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-pissed off at retarded kids guy

Message 5/13             07-Mar-99  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!!

jcraig

Well I would't get that upset about it, but I do agree, enough about the Korg prophecy. I'm happy for the two of you, Pedicelli, but it's really a sore point; do you get a commission on these things or what? Anyhow, those who know will all agree that rebirth can not duplicate a 303. It can emulate the basic sound, and is a lot more versatile, but it will never duplicate it. You just can not recreate the subtleties of the 303 sound, especially the way a 303 chirps, hums and squeals, with a computer. The sound that comes from transistors is not the sound you get from a bunch of ones and zeroes, and the control is a big compromise. Rebirth is fine for composing, but for playing, it's a whole different animal. If you've ever just gradually twisted the resonance knob really slowly and really listened to the way the harmonics expand you would agree. It just feels so much more alive and connected to you when you play it. But then, I bought a 303 because I loved THAT sound and had wanted one for four years prior. So please don't try to convince strangers that you know best about what they like or need; we'll decide that for ourselves, thanks.

Message 6/13             07-Mar-99  @  06:13 PM   -   RE: Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!!

pedicelli

It wasn't me who wrote the first fuckin' message, it was someone trying to impersonate me....I don't know if you realized, but you can put anything you want in the e-mail field, so he just put my e-mail address.......

In response to the third e-mail, it's hard to get a good deal on these origina pieces of equipment . Firstly, it's best if you live in an area where they're all over the place, mainly in central Europe, and you get it from someone who doesn't know what it is.....I've heard stories of people getting 303's for 20 bucks....

Also heard of another guy who got a 909 fresh from the box.....legend also has it according to Future Music magazine that there's still plently like that sitting in Japan...

Now leave me alone, and I repeat again, it wasn't me who wrote that first message; I did not start this topic....

Message 7/13             07-Mar-99  @  06:16 PM   -   RE: Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!!

i want a TR909, programming mc303 from midi is knarw good

Message 8/13             03-Apr-99  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!!

WHO DA HELL IS THATstupid mothafuckin' cuntdickheadbitch that wrote that first message ?! - NEVER EVER try to convince others that you know best about what they like or need. Check out a TB303 first. !!

Message 9/13             03-Apr-99  @  03:20 AM   -   RE: Never Exchange Any Synth For a TB-303 !!!

pedicellI

Link?: Link

Well, if you read the fuckin' replies, you'd know that it was someone trying to impersonate me......

Message 10/13             03-Apr-99  @  03:40 AM   -   OK, I admit it. I a total puss.

pedicelli

OK, I admit it. I a total puss. How many of you guys want to flush my ass down the toilet? I hate the TB-303!!! It sounds really dumb. I like my casio keyboard that I got at Best Buy better. It has built in beats. I can make songs by hitting one button. It's way better than a 303. I like the Casio I got. I can sound like Hanson. Do you guys like me?

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)