aaa FR-777 :The tb-303 killer? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

11-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             11-Mar-99  @  10:01 AM   -   FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

dan303

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I just got done listening to some some realaudio files of the FutureRetro-777 anlogue mono-synth and I was quite impressed. I was just wondering if any users of the 777 can give me some details on this synth, like if it is worth it? Is the 303 sound fully intact? 'Cause from the realaudio files this thing sounds awesome and plus some 32+ knobs(I think), midi, sequencer,effects, etc....it sounds like a winner.....Hope to hear from some 777 users....Thanks....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             11-Mar-99  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

x2c4nrg

I could send you some WAVS if you want me to. E-mail me.

Go to my site and download a song I did with my 777, and ASR-10 using the voice of Eric Cartman of South Park.

ReZo-99
http://move.to/highsociety

Message 3/11             11-Mar-99  @  07:40 PM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

buggy

It does what it says. The sound is exact. Really, exact and then some.From the basic 303 setup, just switch to the 7pole filter crank the distortion and res. Now sweep the cutoff. Wow. I'm a happy guy. It really does kill. I never owned a tb303 and now I never will. The 777 rips.

Message 4/11             12-Mar-99  @  05:25 AM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

ReZo-99

I own a FR-777 and a TB-303 and I must say that the sound is sooo close. I love my 777 and I'll never get rid of it. I dont want to really compare the sound but I'll tell you this...they make a great team. The 777 is a hundred times more easy to sequence though. I just recently got my TB so I really don't know everything about it yet. When I get the hang of it a little more, I'll post my deepest thoughts. Programing a 303 is nothing like ReBirth, its more complicated. Give me a few days, I'll figure it out. With the 777, you can select your note and add accent, slide, up, down, or whatever in one shot but with the 303, you have to do it one at a time. Ill compare and post later.

ReZo-99
High Society
http://move.to/highsociety
TB not added yet but it will be soon.

Message 5/11             12-Mar-99  @  08:22 AM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

someone explain how something could be better than an original???? That makes no sence. If there is something striving to be as good as an original, it's either a duplicate or it's not. If it's not, it obviously not better, if it is, than it's equal. It's imposible to be better. Get it???

Message 6/11             12-Mar-99  @  02:42 PM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

the sequencer is the better part.

Message 7/11             13-Mar-99  @  12:24 AM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

ReZo-99

I agree with the sequencer part. It is hella easier.

ReZo-99

Message 8/11             13-Mar-99  @  01:51 PM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

WHAT THE FUCK NOTHING CAN FUCKING COMPARE TO A TB-303, REBIRTH COMES CLOSE BUT DONT FORGET THE FUCKING 303 IT RULES!!

Message 9/11             14-Mar-99  @  01:44 AM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

To tell you the truth, I actually love to program the 303. To me it's a second nature. Because of the way it reacts to certain things, you can make it do the craziest things! I could make a 303 talk to you, yell at you, I could practically make it fuck you. Learn it, it's an unbeleiveable machine. Nothing will ever respond to sequences like it. Ever! Anyone who seriously programs it, will find out, nothing will ever compare.

Message 10/11             14-Mar-99  @  01:45 AM   -   RE: FR-777 :The tb-303 killer?

To tell you the truth, I actually love to program the 303. To me it's a second nature. Because of the way it reacts to certain things, you can make it do the craziest things! I could make a 303 talk to you, yell at you, I could practically make it fuck you. Learn it, it's an unbeleiveable machine. Nothing will ever respond to sequences like it. Ever! Anyone who seriously programs it, will find out, nothing will ever compare.

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)