aaa 303 price wars-what's the lowest? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             15-Mar-99  @  08:45 AM   -   303 price wars-what's the lowest?

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to know what is the lowest price a tb-303 goes for now a days.About a year ago some guy offered me his TB for $600, but at the time I didn't have the money and I also thought it was way to much since I was already using Rebirth for my tracks. But I right now want one just to add this classic to my collection. So whats a good price for one?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             15-Mar-99  @  02:44 PM   -   RE: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

Franky

$ 1,50 -- This is for example an acceptable price !!

Message 3/19             15-Mar-99  @  11:05 PM   -   RE: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

Willy

I'll give you one for £750. I'd say that a very good price would be around £5-600.

Message 4/19             15-Mar-99  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

pedicelli

Buck 'n' a quarter...paying $1,200.00 US for a 303 means you have no common sense...

Message 5/19             16-Mar-99  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

That's what I thought. probably now the most I would pay is about $500, and only because they are hard to get!!

Message 6/19             16-Mar-99  @  11:45 PM   -   RE: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

pedicelli

Even that's a little high...I'd go for $250.00 US, and for the same reason...

Message 7/19             17-Mar-99  @  01:31 AM   -   RE: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

you are all fucking retards. $250???? @%^#$!%!#@!!!!!!!!!! Man, I don't know what planet you're from but you're definitly lost. The reason a 303 goes for now is cause of it's rarity, unique sound, and age. If you walked into a antique store to buy a pop. Do you think it would cost $0.50???? Um, I think not. Try maybe $20.00? maybe more? depending on it's rarity. That's the same reason a 303 is there. It's not out rageous, it's kinda normal. People will pay for rare items. There not crazy, if you like something enough, you'll pay the price for it. If you'd only pay $250 for one, you obviously could care less about a TB and probably shouldn't be on a TB-303 chat site. So go find another chat to blable you're poor ass at. And if you can't find one, reply to this and I'll go make you one. Maybe I'll call it something along the lines of "I'm lost and cheap"? Or something. But until then, straiten you're head, and realize that a 303 is now WORTH $1,000 us. Not $250. Get that strait. That's there cost NOW, not then.

Oh yeah! :
Pedicelli, you're a fucking retard. Paying $1,200 for a 303 show's how much you love the machine. Complaining what others will pay for one show's you're stupidity.

-retardedcelli

Message 8/19             17-Mar-99  @  04:51 AM   -   RE: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

Hey man with all due respect, since somebody in perticular isn't showing respect, I feel it's cool that people are giving their opinion on how much they would spend for the silver box...Even if they said $250 or $1.50, that doesn't mean they don't love the box, it's just that some people opininate what certain gear is valued more to them more than others. Now if $1,200 for me was like spending .25 for some gum then yes I would get all the TB's I can, but like the most of ous we see how overprice it is and only wish for that one day we see a TB for under $600, at least for me it is.

Message 9/19             18-Mar-99  @  05:04 PM   -   RE: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

Willy

First of all it doesn't matter if a 303 is worth only $250 in the US it's no use to me. I live in the UK and 303's are very rare i bought mine for $1200 a couple of years ago and i haven't seen any for sale in my area since. I am sure if i put mine up for sale foe $1800 i would have a host of people prepaired to give it to me over hear. Cause they can't get one any cheaper. If 303's still go for £100 over in the us then i am comming over on holiday to buy as many as i can then sell them in the uk for megabucks!!!

cheers

Message 10/19             18-Mar-99  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: 303 price wars-what's the lowest?

hey willy how you doin im in the UK too, im trying to save up the cash to buy a TB-303 but right now im using Rebirth which i find very good. I saw in the "Loot" once that there was a TB-303 for sale for £650 which i thought was quite reasonable. But the trouble is if it breaks down i wont know how to fix it   later.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)