aaa Nothing can emulate the TB 303 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             10-Apr-99  @  10:57 PM   -   Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Jay

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

There is tons of 303 emulators out there and some of them are really good. But there will never be the perfect 303 emulator. Sure the sounds coming out of the emulator may be the same but then it still will not be the same cus the box is not the same and even if the box looked the same it still wont be the same cus it dosen't say Roland on it. And no company except Roland them selfs can use that name. So the 303 will never be emulated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             11-Apr-99  @  03:09 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Raver X

Oh...ok. We all get it now. So thats why all the clones suck huh? Cause its not in an original Roland casing. We couldn't figure it out. Thank you for clearing that up with us.

Raver X

Message 3/18             11-Apr-99  @  04:00 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

fuck you raver x

Message 4/18             11-Apr-99  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

pedicelli

Link?: Link

I dunno about you, but I find that this conversation is starting to get really old....

Message 5/18             11-Apr-99  @  05:47 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Raver X

I know. Knock all this shit off. So fucking what if you dont like the 303. Dont buy or listen to one. Is it that hard? If you think clones suck, then dont buy one. FUCK! Get off the fucking case already! Why put people down who dont have one? Who fucking cares? Creativity isn't created with a certain piece of gear, its created with what ever the fuck you have. Put this "if you dont have a real 303 then you suck" attitude away and freak what you got.

BTW, fuck all of those who dont agree and whoever (geez I wonder who) wrote the third post.

out...

Raver X

Message 6/18             11-Apr-99  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

jcu3

No shit. Moving on.

Message 7/18             11-Apr-99  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Jay

Boy this conversation is very tipical (spelling). I dont own a 303 nor do I want to buy one for $1000 or what ever. This message clearly shows the mind and adittude of a TB 303 owner.

I think emulators are fine and if not some times better sounding than the original. But That is my taste.

Sorry for the bad posting that has been going on here. I just like to see what I am going to get out of this topic just for fun.

Later

Message 8/18             12-Apr-99  @  10:42 PM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Jay - I disagree that this is the "attitude of the 303 owner" in general. I am a 303 user, but I also have owned many of the other synths that have been dubbed as emulators (bass station, nord lead, prophecy). I love the 303. It is my favorite thing in the studio. The bass station didn't sound much like a 303 no matter how I patched it, but was the BOMB for doing Moog bass sounds, and grinding drones, among other things. The Nord I still have, and it is my favorite of the newer synths. Those that have said that the Nord is thin are welcome to their opinions, but I have a few Nord patches that would knock your dick in the dirt. I can get close 303 emulation, but obviously, the Nord is OVERKILL for 303 emulation. The closest thing I have heard to a 303 is Re-Birth, which is a phenomenal program. With that and a controller bank (like a phatboy) you can get a lot of great acid stuff for very few bones. Plus, it will sync reliably with anything on OMS, so you don't have to dick around with the jerry-rigged set-ups most people use to sync the real deal. I personally use the MSQ-700, which is almost the size of a VCR from about 1979.

The bottom line is that each piece of music equipment has it's own character and can do certain things. And when it comes to music, especially an ostensibly open-minded genre of music like electronic music, if it sounds like a duck, then who gives a shit if it's a duck or if it's another box that sounds like a duck. With all of the effects that a lot of acid artists are putting on their 303s nowadays, I doubt if a lot of people on this board, myself included, could tell the difference between something done on a 303 and something done on rebirth. I know a bunch of heads are going to come on here and talk a lot of shit about how I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, because that seems to be the standard mode of communication on this board as I have seen it. But rest assured, I have been listening to this music for almost 10 years and have been spinning it and making it for nearly as long. I do know my shit.

The TB is a very cool piece of gear. Those that feel it is the be all end all of analog synthesis need to open their minds.

ChrisFaderŠ

Message 9/18             13-Apr-99  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

yo, spoken wisdom from the man

Message 10/18             13-Apr-99  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: Nothing can emulate the TB 303

Skot_e

Finally, someone has put the time into an interesting and open minded post. I am so relieved. I have been growing sick of reading the crap that has been posted on this site lately, after all I have to pay to read it!

Thanx Chris

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)