aaa IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             22-Apr-99  @  04:06 PM   -   IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

JROMMEL

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I JUST GOT ONE,AND I WANT TO BE 100%,THAT IT IS THE
BEST.........LET YOUR WORDS BE MY CORMAND.

ROMMEL IN DENMARK.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             22-Apr-99  @  08:04 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

gmacdona

dude that RMX-1 is the shit.......its sooo good.....the only thing i heard is that the sounds arent that strong or sumthin.......i dont know....when i played with it they seemed strong to me.....let me know what you learn about it cuz i want to buy one  ....thanks

Message 3/15             23-Apr-99  @  06:38 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

gmacdona

well my roomate bought one yesterday.....its pretty damn cool but it seems like a toy almost.....it has all these lame preset gadjets like demos n stuff that are totally pointless....i guess its pretty cool.the one thing i like is the step editing.....you can step edit anyything really really easy.....

Message 4/15             23-Apr-99  @  07:44 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

Ganesha

Is it possible to create your own sounds or do you have to use the preset sounds to make a song?

Message 5/15             23-Apr-99  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

gmacdona

i dont know .he took the damn thing to work  
....but i think you have to use the presets.....but i imagine you could control sounds via midi....ill let you know when he gets home

Message 6/15             24-Apr-99  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

yes. but im gunna carry on using the 909

Message 7/15             24-Apr-99  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

gmacdona

...nah turns out you cant put your own sounds in.......but you can control midi sounds....its kinda dancy..like....i dont know its kinda funny...theres not TO many sounds for drums..i gues there is but not HARD stuff.....its alright i guess....the sequencer is definatly cool......peace

Message 8/15             25-Apr-99  @  02:15 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

panos

RE: Ganesha
> Is it possible to create your own sounds or do you have to use the > preset sounds to make a song?

Although you can change the preset sounds with the many filters it has, you are limited to its preset sounds, which, believe me, sound gorgeous!

Message 9/15             25-Apr-99  @  02:51 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

Ganesha

Thanx for the info. I would like to buy it but I'm afraid it's going to be like my MC505. After a few months it gets really boring when you always have to make your sounds by layering the preset waveforms. That's why it would be cool if the RM1X has oscilators like the JP8080 has. It gives a greater variety in sounds.
Your comments please...

Message 10/15             25-Apr-99  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: IS RM1X THE BEST BOX??????.

Equinox(cd)

the RM1x sound are ALL sample based,the sounds are can be tweeked via the 8 knobs(each knob has 2 separate control parameters,salected with a button,A/B)this IS the same filtering as the MC303,505......but I think the RM1X has beter sounds.....no,it does not have a sampler in it the sounds in it is what you get........although some of the sounds are good,thats not where this machine shines,all I've been using it for lately is its sequencer....way fuckin cool!!!!anyway check it out.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)