aaa TB-303 RUINED - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: TB-303 RUINED

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             11-May-99  @  09:29 AM   -   TB-303 RUINED

_

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i was eating my cat out last night and it suddenly let this big old meow out and left the room. and when i woke up the cat nawed the 303 in half and pissed all over it. the knobs dont work and i think its ruined. Anyone ever have this problem before?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             11-May-99  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: TB-303 RUINED

acidrave

You really should be nicer to your cat. No, my cats have a lot of respect for my stuff because I treat them like my children. Cats are known to do that if they are very frustrated. If you got any fluids inside your 303 and turned it on you might as well say goodbye to it. You can literally bathe it in alchohol though. Use a toothbrush or acid brush and clean the fuck out of all the internal parts. your pots will have to be carefully taken apart cleaned and relubed with lithium or similar grease. If you've already powered it up you may have shorted out some of the IC's or transistors.

Message 3/18             11-May-99  @  07:46 PM   -   RE: TB-303 RUINED

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Question...

Is rubbing alcohol safe to use on the paneling of electronic equipment? Cause I sometimes change the stickers on my MIDI controller for new labeling if I'm changing functions, and when you take the stickers off, it leaves that blackish glue residue....so I use rubbing alchohol...

It doesn't have a metalic-like paint...it's the colour of a 909 and seems to work ok without ruining it, but would this be safe to use on my Prophecy? (it's got silver-greyish paint)

Message 4/18             11-May-99  @  08:48 PM   -   RE: TB-303 RUINED

jcu3

Wait a minute, what does he mean he ate out a cat? did I miss something?

Message 5/18             12-May-99  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: TB-303 RUINED

to "_"........ why bother being stupid on our page? It's a waste of space, and it pisses people off. Please leave you're dumb jokes for you're friends to laugh at. Here they aren't wanted. You'll do us all a big favor.

Pedicilli- try not to use rubbing alcohol. It takes off the glossy finish on most units, causing the unit to cange colour where you rubbed it. Use gluegone, it should work good.

Message 6/18             12-May-99  @  12:23 AM   -   RE: TB-303 RUINED

Blue

I take a break from this place for a while and now we got dudes talking about giving cunnilingus to their pet felines...My God! You should be ashamed of yourself...everyone knows that cat only have orgasms by direct manipulation of their "G" spot. You probably left her high and dry...so she took all her frustrations out on your pride an joy...(just Kidding) but anyways you sound serious dude...and that's just plain sick. Somebody should lock your sick ass up.

Disclamer: Do not eat your cats pussies out or you may wake up with a pissed on 303.

Message 7/18             12-May-99  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: TB-303 RUINED

planetalgon

Pedicelli raises a good point and I can vouch for "_'s" answer. I have a dark studio so I cant see the surfaces of my equipment too well. Once several years back I used Isopropyl alchohol on the front of a very expensive tape deck. Instantly all the lettering came off. I was shocked. I always used it on my Roland keyboards so why did this happen. I got a scary feeling and looked more closely at what I had done by pulling up the shade and filling the studio with light. Over time I had rubbed much of the Metallic glittery finish off of the plastic parts of my JX-8P. It seems to do OK on painted metal boxes but I stay away from it now. The last thing you would want to do is rub alchohol on a 303. If you did it enough, it would turn a dark gloomy greyish color. Acidrave is right about the circuit though. You can submerge just about any pc board in alchohol, but just be careful of pots. They should be replaced or lubed. And make sure as hell that you use 100% Isopropyl alchohol. Not the diluted 60 to 98% that you get at the drugstore. This could cause latent failure in boards. Since I'm on this subject, I should stress using an ESD safe work area. Strap yourself to ground with a 10 megaohm resistor in series to protect your IC's, diodes, and transistors from static discharge. You could probably get one of these straps at the Shack.

Message 8/18             13-May-99  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: TB-303 RUINED

+

mmmmm

Message 9/18             14-May-99  @  12:03 AM   -   RE: TB-303 RUINED

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Ok, maybe I wouldn't use rubbing alcohol on my Prophecy....it doesn't need it, cleaning can be done in other ways I guess..

But with my MCR-8, if I re-label stuff, removing the stickers leaves that crummy glue...so you've gotta use something to get it off..and rubbing alcohol seems to do the job...like I said, it's the same colour as the main casing for a TR-909 and it doesn't appear to have a gloss finish...it's just plastic, and I've had it for a year already, and the colour seems to be the same..

I'm just concerned about the long term effects, but anyways...

Message 10/18             14-May-99  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: TB-303 RUINED

planetalgon

Yeah, I used alchohol for a long time on the 909 case and it didn't have any I'll effects. Hey here's a tip for you guys. Toothpaste. I found a Sequential Pro-One at a flea market for 35 bucks. It's keys were kind of yellowish because of cigarette smoke. Pepsodent took it right off. Looks great now.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)