aaa Nordlead II worth $1000? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nordlead II worth $1000?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             24-May-99  @  09:45 AM   -   Nordlead II worth $1000?

d.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I want to know if the Nordlead II is worth $1000. Someone has offered me one for that price, and I know they go for $1299 new on sale. I heard the Nord II has a great sound but I haven't played one.
What are your thoughts on the NL II? Thanks

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             24-May-99  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: Nordlead II worth $1000?

kitty Litter

Kitty like red Nord. Me eat out other kitties for $1000

Message 3/16             24-May-99  @  04:25 PM   -   RE: Nordlead II worth $1000?

BSTANTON

EG-101 is better than the Nord and it's cheaper. > i know, because I have a brand new one in my house.

Message 4/16             24-May-99  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Nordlead II worth $1000?

pedicelli

Link?: Link

I tried out the Nordlead I for the first time on Friday and I was freaking out. Firstly, it's thin as a mother....secondly, that's what an analogue emulating keyboard should be all about (no fuckin' menus and submenus like the Prophecy and only 3 wheels and 5 buttons to control...)

Everything on the Nordlead is in your face...ready to tweak....everything...very comfortable buttons, they conform to your hand. And it's powerful as all hell! And get this....on the Nordlead I, the pitch bend wheel is made out of metal!!!!

And I'm only talking about the Nordlead I !! I dunno if they improved the effects on that unit or not, but for more information, I would check out www.clavia.com.

(Oh, and while I was at my music store, I also saw the EG-101....uglier than the fuckin' picture and those speakers make it look even more pathetic.....didnt try it out, but my friend accidently started playing it and right there........it was like an MC-303....)

Message 5/16             24-May-99  @  05:25 PM   -   RE: Nordlead II worth $1000?

planet

I got my Nord Lead 2 for $1000 and that is a great deal. It's got a hard gritty sound that works well for the evil nasty lines. Miss it for a grand at your peril.

The EG-101 is naturally superior though.

Hey pedicelli, I really like your "what is tekno" entry. At least there are people here using thier frontal lobes.

Message 6/16             24-May-99  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: Nordlead II worth $1000?

jcu3

Planet

Who am I ? Chop liver ?

I can program an EG-101 just as good as the next guy... (hehe)  

BTW: I respect the Nord Rack Module, all those syncable arppeggios...(sigh)

Message 7/16             24-May-99  @  09:46 PM   -   RE: Nordlead II worth $1000?

pedicelli

Link?: Link

You know where "What Is Tekno" is from? It's the last song on an Ultra-Sonic album....it totally freaks your mind, it's all echoey and ambient like...no beat...just a really freaky and well done outro.....it's only about 2 mins long.

And guys, listen...I got tired of all this bullshit today, so I went down to my music store and bought out all the EG-101's. I had to sell my Prophecy first, but it was damn worth it.

You've gotta love those speakers! The quality is almost as good as the speakers on my alarm clock! And shit yo, those samples!! It's totally wicked.....I got my brother to play one with me and we figured out the tune for Seseme Street....

We're now gonna be forming a dance band and I'm gonna dress up like Big Bird and my brother's gonna be Elmo. Then, after our last song, we're gonna take it up the ass from each other to just make everything even more fuckin' gay...

JESUS!!! WHAT IS THE WORLD COMING TOO!!!!!!

HARDCORE ALL THE WAY!!! PLAY NOTHING BUT HARDCORE!!

CHECK BACK, YA DON'T STOP, LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 8/16             24-May-99  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Nordlead II worth $1000?

jcu3

Don't forget me, I wanna be in the band, I can dress up as a Tele-Tubbie and I just sold my TB-303 for a Yamaha DJX and it has speakers in it too. I'll bring lot's of suckers and candy and I'll bring tons of glow sticks for our first gay gig!!!

wehooooo!!!

Message 9/16             25-May-99  @  05:16 AM   -   RE: Nordlead II worth $1000?

pedicelli

Ya, then we'll shoot metal rods thru our cocks and eat each other's asshole's out with syrop......shit, it will be total clasicness!

Then we can sacrifice our EG-101's to the God's!

Message 10/16             25-May-99  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: Nordlead II worth $1000?

skot_e

Getting a bit off topic don't you think?

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)