aaa !?Juno Chips?! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: !?Juno Chips?!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20             30-May-99  @  02:48 AM   -   !?Juno Chips?!

Fletch

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anyone know where exactly to get a new voice chip for a 106?
Mine died today.....

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             30-May-99  @  03:56 AM   -   RE: !?Juno Chips?!

jcu3

Jesus, and your still alive? I would have thrown myself under a double decker bus if one of my analogs died.

Hey man I'll say a prayer for your board tonight...

Message 3/20             30-May-99  @  04:18 AM   -   RE: !?Juno Chips?!

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Yo bitch...say double decker bus again!!!! Fucks sake!

Oh, and about the chip.....that's the bitch about analogue boards........nothing beats the sound, but damn....the reliability...see what I'm talking about?

Message 4/20             30-May-99  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: !?Juno Chips?!

planet

Why is it that you are so certain it is a chip? It is extremely uncommon for integrated circuits to fail. You had better give your Juno to a good technician to diagnose the problem. Transistors, diodes and voltage regulators are usually the first to go and these are widely available from such companies as Digikey. Theres also a lot of plugs and interfaces in the Junos. Often just disconnecting and reconnecting some of the plugs can suddenly bring an old beast to life.

If you know for certain that it is a chip...I've always been able to get parts from Rolands service center. They are not real friendly all the time but they will get you what you need. The first thing that you need to do is figure out the part number. Without the schematic, this is difficult. Roland may do this for you but don't hold your breath. It's not thier job to probe through schematics for do it yourselfers. You would be best giving it to a qualified service center unless you know what your doing.

I can't really give you acurate information unless you are more specific.

Message 5/20             31-May-99  @  12:40 AM   -   RE: !?Juno Chips?!

Fletch

Well My juno was fine and working properly on Fri. on Sat.
It started Crackling and making crazy erratic noises.
I then cleaned out the contacts , switched cables(audio and midi)
Switched channels on the mixer, etc...
Then I opened her up and everything was very clean and looked in order. I plugged her back up and played a little and the noise got worse and worse as I played. now only 5 voices will play at a time
and the 3rd voice in test mode gives a very crazy and disturbing sound. So I went on the net and looked for a solution what I found at many sites was info about a bad batch of voice chips in the 106,
and this causes every 6th note not to play I am just assuming this is the problem, I do have the chip number I am supposed to get, but I wasnt sure how to go about getting it and price etc.
I just wanted o know if anyone else had a similar problem.
Any info and comments are much apreciated..
Thanks take care.......

Message 6/20             31-May-99  @  08:30 AM   -   RE: !?Juno Chips?!

skot_e

My Jupiter 8 has a similar problem. If you play the keys sigularly, when you hit the 8th note, the sound it produces is not the same tonal qualities as the first 7, but the the next 7 are fine untill you hit the 8th note again. I think it might have something to do with the fact it has 8 voices, and one of them is stuffed.
It does suck, but I work around it easily enough with the music I make. I would still like to get it fixed though...

Message 7/20             31-May-99  @  08:33 AM   -   RE: !?Juno Chips?!

skot_e

Oh and pedicelli, I do agree with your attitude on the realiability of analogues at times, but I would NEVER swap my faulty Jupiter 8 for a fully functional JP 8000.

Message 8/20             31-May-99  @  08:39 AM   -   RE: !?Juno Chips?!

skot_e

My Jupiter 8 has a similar problem. If you play the keys sigularly, when you hit the 8th note, the sound it produces is not the same tonal qualities as the first 7, but the the next 7 are fine untill you hit the 8th note again. I think it might have something to do with the fact it has 8 voices, and one of them is stuffed.
It does suck, but I work around it easily enough with the music I make. I would still like to get it fixed though...

Message 9/20             31-May-99  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: !?Juno Chips?!

skot_e

What da Fuk?!

Message 10/20             31-May-99  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: !?Juno Chips?!

jcu3

Fuck you guys talking about analogue not being reliable Pedecelli and Skot_e?

This is blasphemy.......I have never had a single problem with my analogs. My probots are reliable as reliable can get. Damn, I can't believe your ill perceptions....

Quit starting Blasphemous Rumors...

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)