aaa Nookie - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Nookie

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             30-May-99  @  10:25 AM   -   Nookie

d.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Just thought I'd say Limp Bizkit's Nookie, really hits. I like the whole hiphop/dance/rock characteristics in the song, which is done very well.I'm not a Limp Bizkit fan but I have to give credit where it's due. What do you guys(open minded musicians) think?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             30-May-99  @  01:43 PM   -   RE: Nookie

jcu3

Lip Bizkit can go eat a major dick! For the love of God why the fuck would you bring that shit here to this page? I wouldn't listen to "Limp Bizclit" in a 100 years. But I think BSTANTON loves them dude, anyways, have a blast!

Message 3/13             30-May-99  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: Nookie

planet

Never heard of him. With Jcu's comments, I feel like I should hear em to know what he is. Is he like a hip hop gangsta Yanni or something?

Hey Jcu, what is the devine stuff that you listen to? Can't wait to hear your reply. Hehehe  

Message 4/13             30-May-99  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: Nookie

JCU3

Planet,
I listen to alot of IDM and experimental stuff. Like artists on Warp and Skam. For instance Seefeel, Autechre, Boards of Canada etc... I'm also way into the 12K label (Taylor Duepree), and Phonecia(Soul Oddity), and other intelligent bleep projekts. Ritche Hawtins stuff too has blown my mind for a couple years now. It's weird, because I am not the type to get all hyped out on really popular producers, but his minimalism stuff is sooo intelligent. Liked the Artifaks and Consumed CD's, I don't think that just anyone can appreciate what he does, unless you have that equipment at home. What he does with an 808 and a couple 303's and a million effects is bloody fantastik.

Also, I would really like to buy or hear and maybe generate some "drone" like deep ambient Christian Vogel 'ish material. I can't seem to find any at the moment.

How about you Planet?

Message 5/13             30-May-99  @  06:20 PM   -   RE: Nookie

pedicelli

Link?: Link

All those groups suck. Yanni will always kick their ass...plus, he has more impressive facial hair! And he uses a Trinity for piano! So there!

Message 6/13             30-May-99  @  06:45 PM   -   RE: Nookie

jcu3

Pedecilli man, John Tesh can step write a 303 like no other bitch on the planet. He bangs out hard-hard acid, way better than Yanni does! Didn't you know that !

Message 7/13             31-May-99  @  05:42 AM   -   RE: Nookie

planet

In no specific order I like breakbeat, jungle, drum n' bass, some trip-hop if its not all rappy sounding, old skool, acid, a lot of popular stuff like Fluke, Chemical Bro's, Prodigy, P-man etc. A lot of less popular but still big like Freddy Fresh, DJ Spooky, Deep Red. As far as labels (off the top of my head)...uh... Moving Shadow, Thrive, Metalheadz,...Ultra maybe. Lot's of this and that and nothing in particular I guess. I'd have to say most of it is pretty dark sounding though. The real ass shakin' distorted stuff. Can't stand glassy clean boop d-d-d beep robo beats, or generic house.

I mostly buy used comps and just keep trading them back for more so I don't keep a lot unless I love em. The only time I get to listen to music is at work because I'm always making my own music when I'm home. I design and fabricate seekers for missiles which requires me to move around a lot at work. If I'm not moving around too much I can usually can get about 1 or 2 hours of music in a day. I really analyze everything I hear though and often take notes and jot down new ideas. Even crappy stuff can be educational to listen too. You've got to know what happens when the mix is crap right?

Message 8/13             31-May-99  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: Nookie

jcu3

Fuck me! You faricate seekers for missles? Jesus, I'm never pissing you off on this board....

Message 9/13             01-Jun-99  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: Nookie

planet

Don't worry they don't let me take em home.  

Message 10/13             06-Jun-99  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Nookie

NOTEVEN

Dude NOOKIE is the SHEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!
the video is dope as shit too.
also the "Filter" track, "Nice Shot"
it too is dope as well.
i am not the most "open-minded" person in the world.
but this shit slams.
oh and while i'm at it theres this one cheesy track thats supposedly the theme song to some James Bond movie.
its cool too.

out...

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)