aaa Most Common Problems w/the TB-303 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

20-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             14-Jun-99  @  02:36 AM   -   Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

d.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

What are the most common problems with the performance of tb-303's now a days? Double triggerring of notes? Memory? What?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             14-Jun-99  @  06:54 AM   -   RE: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

I would say the doodle daddle of having to write down your sequences. Bu that's not a reliability issue. Also, sometimes entering steps can be a bitch. But I don't think that it's the "age" thing, more of a design thing. That's my .02 cents.

Message 3/16             14-Jun-99  @  06:57 AM   -   RE: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

jcu3

Also, I would like to add to my above post, that the sequencer is extremely reliable, once you master it. Most people say it's hard, but they could also be retarded?

Message 4/16             14-Jun-99  @  08:28 AM   -   RE: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

d.

Thanks for the input jcu3.

Message 5/16             14-Jun-99  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

pedicelli

Link?: Link

Question....I might be getting a 303 soon (and for free!!!), but I'm concerned about the sync and such.....

If I get the necessary sync box (TR-727 or some other cheap piece of shite as such), will it respond to an external start/stop? How does this work?

Message 6/16             14-Jun-99  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

jcu3

Yea, it probably will. But like we said before dude, it has this fucked up lag time. Let alone the 303's lag time of like .03 seconds or something. So combined with the 727 and the 303's lazy responce time, you will probably almost see a half second to almost of a full second lag time of responce from your "trigger". Although, this is subjective. Let me say it again, buy the Dopefer MSY2 MIDI-to-Sync converter. The guy's name is Douglas at Enport in Nebraska,USA. www.doepferusa.com. ,the things sells for $110. It has MIDI in and out and 2 sync outs! Anyhow, the TR-727 Pedicelli [;)] just makes Latin music sounds. Unless you want to sound like that? I meant, are you actually stolked on Ricky Martin? Unless your trying to produce a remix of "Livin' La Vida Loca" with a 303! HAHA

HAHA hah Pedicelli likes Ricky Martin....

...just joken man  

Message 7/16             14-Jun-99  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

ReZo-99

Yeah, it will. Just plug your MIDI out from the TR-727 to the MIDI in on your ER-1. Then, MIDI thru from the ER-1 to the MIDI in on your Prophecy and the DIN sync to your TB-303 from the TR-727, and it will start/stop everything.

ReZo-99

Message 8/16             14-Jun-99  @  08:52 PM   -   RE: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

pedicelli

Ok sounds good.....but will the 727 really cause that much of a delay? I want absolutely no delay in the setup...everything must work smoothly or else this defeats the purpose of me wavering away from Rebirth.....

Fuck, would someone buy my MCR-8 for the love of God....

And jcu3...I'm not gonna be using the 727 (if I get it) for tone generation.....it's horrible, I know...I've used it...only need it as a cheap synch box.

Message 9/16             14-Jun-99  @  09:57 PM   -   RE: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

raf909

Hey dudes, I tried it with a MSY-1, TR-707, TR-606 and XBase 09. There's no delay!! Forget that! DIN Sync works absolutely tight!
But be careful with the TR-727 (same 4 da 707):
IT'LL ONLY SYNC YOUR 303 IF YOU USE AS MASTER!!!!!!!
So if want to sync the 727 with MIDI (Slave)and clock out of the DIN jack at the same time, forget it!!! It's also a big mistake to run a MIDI clock into the MIDI IN of the 727 without putting it into Slave mode. IT WON'T CONVERT IT INTO DIN SYNC TOO!!!!
Many people say the 707/727 are cool MIDI2DIN converters....GOOFS! They are totally useless for this job, except you want the them as the master device. Buy the 707 for its old school sound, not to do sync jobs. PEACE!

Message 10/16             14-Jun-99  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Most Common Problems w/the TB-303

jcu3

(pedicelli)"And jcu3...I'm not gonna be using the 727 (if I get it) for tone generation.....it's horrible, I know...I've used it...only need it as a cheap synch box."

Better not use those sounds bitch..unless you want to sound like BSTANTON that is .  

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)