aaa Future Retro 777 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Future Retro 777

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             11-Nov-99  @  03:18 PM   -   Future Retro 777

[bokonon]

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Why is it everyone is so concerned with TB-303's? I had the silver box for a while and the 777 takes everything that's worth half a shite from it and integrates it with modern technology, ya know like midi. check out www.futureretro.com for info on what is the last nail in the 303's coffin. (a less expensive nail i might add)

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             11-Nov-99  @  08:07 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcu3

If I was given one, I would sell it...

Tasteless machine. (fake klone)

There is nothing I can't do with a TB and Kaoss Pad. I have made some of the most SICK trax with those two. That 777 is neat, but I would feel embarrased to use it live.

Message 3/25             12-Nov-99  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

fat chance...........nope!

Nothing sounds like a 303. You buy a 303 for a 303. If you want "that" sound, it's all you can use. 777 sounds "like" it but, not exacly. You can make a 101 and 202 sound like a 303, but still.....it's not the same. Put any thing you think that sounds like a 303 in the same board and listen. Then post a reply back. End of story.

Message 4/25             23-Nov-99  @  04:46 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

oliver

The 777 is no match for a 303, yes it is a cool toy but to me anyway, it falls between 2 stools. i.e its not a full blown synth like the Waldorf Pulse or Minimoog and it's not a 303 clone like the TeeBee or MB33 (which in my opinion is THE best 303 clone). Run a 303 thru a Hafler distortion or whatever and watch the 777 run for cover!

Message 5/25             23-Nov-99  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcu3

no shit, thats what I said.

no need to reiterate, unelss you want to, heh.

Message 6/25             24-Nov-99  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

flat-e

Ok Bokonon if you still have your 303 I will swap it for 2 x FR777's

Message 7/25             25-Nov-99  @  04:52 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

Pongoid

Link?:  Link

Wow! Check you acid heds out!! used both, still want to see a devilfish in effect. Not into 303 too much, but occaionally, someone does something that's outa hand w/one.

Ape

Message 8/25             29-Nov-99  @  05:21 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

htek

The 777 is it's own machine. It does the 303 perfectly, but so what. You can't compare the 777 to a Mini-Moog. Not the same. Maybe a Pro-One or a Mono/Poly. The 777 is an awsome machine. JCU3, have even heard one in person? If not, then i wouldn't go putting it down. MP3s can't give it justice. And i use it live all the time. And sure as hell am not emabressed by it. I'm sure you wouldn't be either. If you actually heard one.
-Larry

Message 9/25             30-Nov-99  @  08:01 AM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

jcu3

Dude, or "computercontrolled" whatever. I couldn't give a rat's nuts what that thing does or doesn't do. That's like using a Jomox09 instead of a 909. Go for it! It probably does more, has more capabilities and just eats the 303/909 for breakfast, but whatever. That's like comparing a 2000 Mitsubishi model car with 4 wheel sterring, twin turbo or whater jap trix there are now making or driving a Mercedes(tb303). The Mitsubishi does more and has alot more bells and whistles, but if your into the real sound that has nostalgic written all over it, then there is NO option. You wouldn't catch me dead in a Mitsubishi or using 777 or Jomox (goofy machines). But you will easliy catch me smiling my harry arse off in an MB and 2 303's....(real and original. Closer to the point, I would never use Vestex or Gemini turntables, verses 1200's. (That's if I spun). No matter how many fruity colors they paint those turntables and modifications they "try" to implement, your still going to look like a puss...

I've always persued what fits for me.

Message 10/25             01-Dec-99  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: Future Retro 777

pp

the 777 sucks, it's for gay kids

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)