aaa New Lootus track available - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New Lootus track available

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             18-Apr-01  @  04:33 PM   -   New Lootus track available

Timo.Kiviniemi

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey

Finally after over two weeks of waiting (big thanks to mp3.com) my latest track is available for download.

Track is called Tundra and I put two different versions of it to my mp3.com site. Original Mix, which is longer and better one and shorter Radio edit, which has allready played a couple of times in radio.

The track is 140 BPM trance/goatrance/melodic trance song filled with pianos, arpeggios uplifiting parts and break. The Radio edit is about 4 minutes long and the original mix about 8"20.

Listen and give me some constructive critisism.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             19-Apr-01  @  02:20 PM   -   RE: New Lootus track available

Timo.Kiviniemi

And why didn't I upload my track to dancetech. Well I've understood that you can't upload 128k mp3s to here and since I'm using adat-equipment I have to use 44,1 samplerate. At least lower rates won't work.

Message 3/18             19-Apr-01  @  03:49 PM   -   RE: New Lootus track available

darkstate

If you've got your track into the PC or MAC domain so you can then put the file up as an MP3.. you can simply re-encode to the bit-rates required for DanceTech using any number of the applications available...

So if its in a PC and onto the 'net, you've got no excuse.. ;)

Now stop makin' excuses, fuck MP3.CUM, and support yer local DanceTech.. you know it makes sense.. ;)

Marc_Dark

Message 4/18             19-Apr-01  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: New Lootus track available

Timo.Kiviniemi

I could encode my tracks to be with lower samplerate but I couldn't listen them myself and putting stuff that even I haven't heard to net... I simply don't like the idea.

Message 5/18             19-Apr-01  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: New Lootus track available

influx

Link?:  Link

well I dont like the idea of going somewhere else to hear your music..

see..no one seems to accept the fact that the POINT is to make it EASY to listen HERE. you get more listeners that way, and stupid MP3.com fades out..or at least we dont contribute.

the stuff Ive heard here is NOT that bad as far as degradation goes.

so put it here or you got no audience;)

Message 6/18             19-Apr-01  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: New Lootus track available

Defector Z

So where's your stuff then Mr. Influx? ;-)

Message 7/18             20-Apr-01  @  07:40 AM   -   RE: New Lootus track available

k

chuckle :] - actualy, that is DELIBERATE... a good dance track works at ANY bandwidth.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/18             20-Apr-01  @  07:43 AM   -   RE: New Lootus track available

k

oh, and one thing mebbe you didnt think of, 80% or so of net users access via crappy unreliable free ip's, they cant listen at 128k so you're reducinmg your auience by 70-80%.. i always prefer to hear a track ALL the way thru without it stopping than to hear chunks being re-buffered over and over - my experience with both BT internet and NTL etc type Ip's was that i couldnt listen to 128k at all, now i've got wideband, but few have got that.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/18             20-Apr-01  @  07:46 AM   -   RE: New Lootus track available

k

also, if your pc is in your studio, you can enhance the sound by tweaking the mixer eq, center your left right channel (not panned l/r as for stereo, and mebbe at a tad of hall reverb just to give it some lift so it sounds more like it would at a club- works for me, certainly enuff to know if what i'm listening to is crap or not... and thats the thing, fact is mate, a record company will and CAN make a descision about tracks listening thru a bit of string and a baked-bean can frankly, I know at ANY bandwidth if a track will sell or not, i dont need hi-fi to know that!

Message 10/18             20-Apr-01  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: New Lootus track available

influx

Link?:  Link

I havent uploaded anything here. and Im also not trying to tell anyone to go anywhere to listen to my shit now AM I? 

actually..I use a lot of stereo stuff and it seems to not translate well. my bad on the engineering part Ill admit

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)