aaa What do u think? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: What do u think?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             21-Apr-01  @  11:35 PM   -   What do u think?

Vegasoul

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi..I would appreciate any opinions of my first tech house track, it still need some polishing and the mixing sucks(which is why i need your opinion. , but tell me what u think?

thanks
Vince

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             22-Apr-01  @  08:30 PM   -   RE: What do u think?

influx

Link?:  Link

what do I think? I think that if you think the "mixing sucks and it needs polishing" then you should wait a bit before putting it out in public

OR, dont be so self-deprecating and just let it go.

with that said...I think it sounds pretty cool. Any specific reason why you chose to have it just JUMP right in like that? the mix isnt that bad really (Im listenin on computer speakers and it works, so)

my one complaint with 4/4 stuff is the damn neverchanging beat...why not move some of those drums around, pull em in and out, etc?

ok..well..the string part just came in and...that doesnt work for me. theyre rather muddy sounding..might sound better highpassed..

but actually..I like this song! I like the tribal feel of it..keeps it moving.

go work on your mixing so you dont ahve to say "well the mix sucks"!

Message 3/11             22-Apr-01  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: What do u think?

influx

Link?:  Link

had to come back and say...really..this is pretty cool! it sounds a little brash..that crashy sound is a little harsh

oh..and you DID change up the drums...yay!

really not bad Id say, although since I dont listen to much of that style you COULD be straight knocking off someone else and i wouldnt know 

Message 4/11             22-Apr-01  @  09:14 PM   -   RE: What do u think?

Espoo2

Honestly, I can't hear anything other than the drums and the noise that comes in at 2:30, WAY too muddy on my speakers. Check your low end freq's and split 'em up a bit. I do dig the tribal rhythm though.

Message 5/11             22-Apr-01  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: What do u think?

k

Link?: Link

well get some decent speakers then... the things fine, not muddy at all, in fact very well defined bottom end i'd say even at the lower bandwidth you can hear that - sounds like your speakers are a pile of shite espoo   - interesting track, sorta trance tribal...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/11             23-Apr-01  @  10:11 AM   -   RE: What do u think?

Maarten

I must agree on the crash being a bit overwelming in the mix, but must also compliment you on the programming of the drums. Second (or third) the liking of the tribal beats. Has a nice on-going groove to it, keep it up!

-M-

Message 7/11             24-Apr-01  @  06:39 AM   -   RE: What do u think?

Espoo2

Your spot on, K. They are piles of shite, indeed. =)......Just some old JBL's, I'm a poor bastard student right now, but once I get my ass a real job, monitors will be one of the first things I buy.

But, everything else has sounded fine on them, all the streaming stuff on this site, except for that track. But, if it sounds fine to everyone else, I guess it must be on my end. Disregard it then.

I'll get my hat...

Message 8/11             24-Apr-01  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: What do u think?

Vegasoul

Thanks for the helpful comments. Appreciate it. guess there is a bit to work on. As for the muddy bottom. hmm...probably because I was layering too many drum samples, will try to thin it out...i read somewhere that "if it sounds good on pc speakers, it will sound good on everything"
 , thanks for the different perspective.
oh...did u guys get to the end? it was suppose to be part of another track but may be it didn't fit it?

Message 9/11             24-Apr-01  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: What do u think?

x-ego

Whoever told you that should be shot...

Message 10/11             24-Apr-01  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: What do u think?

alphazone

"They are piles of shite, indeed. =)......Just some old JBL's"...

hey I resent that, I'm a speaker systems engineer for JBL! (when I'm not at my desk on Dancetech).

seriously though this track is quite original - can't comment on sound quality from the lo-fi MP3 but it sounds like it might be banging on a good system (subwoofer et al  
the end is cool leave it in there...

AlphaZone

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)