aaa gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31             07-Jun-01  @  05:14 PM   -   gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

That's the name of the new track I have up. Have a listen. Tell me what you think.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/31             07-Jun-01  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

btw, enjoy the first minute and 10 give or take a few seconds. It changes about then. Thanks.

Message 3/31             07-Jun-01  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

gb

Very dark, exciting and interesting. Well done!

A tiny bit to much bass for my home stereo, tho. Or is that because of the enforced file format (almost lofi) here at DT ?

Message 4/31             07-Jun-01  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

influx

what an evil bassline! damn sitar. this is good stuff. Cant comment on the mix cuz Im on my laptop and the soundcard is pure POOP

you know that "who wants to be on warp" thread? I think you should send this to them, man. right up their ally. or whats the other label, with aphex twin? scam?

does sound like it might be a little bit bass heavy but dunno for sure.

I really like this.

Message 5/31             07-Jun-01  @  07:56 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

rhea

Excellent track all around.

Message 6/31             07-Jun-01  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Thanks. GB thanks again for the solution to that disk problem. Was driving me nuts. And now you've listened to the tune. Goes to show you, no good deed goes unpunished.

The tune might be bass heavy. I've been turning the bass on my mixer down all day. I'd best give the whole mix an EQ fix then and repost the track. I think my reference monitors are pretty realistic so now I know. I'll maybe wait for another complaint though.

Influx, thanks. Isn't ally spelled alley? I'll have a look at that thread but I'd love it if this tune was able to squeeze onto a Dancetech CD somewhere   I know the competition is stiff though. This is a combination of loops, percussion programming, romplers, sampler creates, and the Supernova. That big bass that comes in every first beat (and is the very last thing in the song) I made with the Supernova. LFO syncing to 1/4 note and modulating the rez. The bass you're probably talking more about came straight out of a rompler. I just liked it together with the Supernova.

Rhea, there's a Rhea mentioned in the Synth Secrets section of the June SOS. Wouldn't be the same would it?

Message 7/31             07-Jun-01  @  10:10 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

rhea_z19

Link?: Link

No, not me.

Message 8/31             07-Jun-01  @  10:35 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

Oh well. Probably should've been you. I didn't actually read the article yet, so if there is any insult in that, it's not intentional.

I did a quick eq of the mono mix for mp3, so the base is now less in the booming frequency department. It's now the same title "....._2". Thanks.

Message 9/31             07-Jun-01  @  10:52 PM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

eight way buddha

Nice tune!

I like that part that starts at starts at 3:10..... I dig the heavy stuff 

Message 10/31             08-Jun-01  @  03:24 AM   -   RE: gREAT bUDDHAS wALK tHE eARTH

sitar

I like that too. Song title is right up your alley   Thanks for listening.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)