aaa Forthcoming OS systems - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Forthcoming OS systems

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/20             22-Jun-01  @  07:01 PM   -   Forthcoming OS systems

Kinetik

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I thought you'd all appreciate a progress report on the forthcoming operating systems.

Today the first Nova Laptops left the Novation factory with OS 4.1 pre-installed. It is expected that OS4.1 will be available on the Novation site either during this weekend or early next week.

Features of OS4.1 over OS4.0 include :
Various bug fixes, including Part Pedal enable bug fix & improved voice handling.
Master Volume knob is now always 'live' even if knob mode is "pickup".
On the Nova, a brand new feature is the ability to 'freeze' the vocoder (using the sustain pedal) in mid-flow to create some really interesting 'frpzen' vocal timbres. Once the pedal is released, the vocoder 'unfreezes' and resumes normal operation.

The soundset pre-supplied with the Nova includes around 40 brand new Programs which showcase OS4.0 / 4.1 features. The whole soundset will also be available for download from the Novation site.

OS4.1 will also be made available for the original Supernova Mk1 Racks, but obviously this will not include the vocoder freeze feature.

For the SN II series and NOVA II, OS2.0 has been pushed back by a few months. The reason for this is that OS2.0 is planned to include full digital card i/o support, but the i/o card itself has now been delayed while Novation investigate the possibility of improving/altering the specification.

Therefore, in the meantime, Novation will release an interim OS - OS1.7 for these machines. This OS will include all known bug fixes as well as all the brand new features which were released in OS4.0 & 4.1 for the original Supernova & Nova Laptop machines (for example - 'Pan Effects'etc.).

Note that OS1.7 will contain all necessary coding (originally promised for OS2.0) that enable (limited) transfer of Programs to the Supernova Mk1 & Nova Laptop.

We're currently aiming to release OS1.7 around the end of next week or around the end of the following week.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/20             23-Jun-01  @  04:43 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

chris

Link?: Link

Thanks Kinetik!

Good new - hope we see the new OS soon!

Chris

Message 3/20             23-Jun-01  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

k

yeah cheers

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/20             23-Jun-01  @  05:30 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

freq3

That's really awesome, thanx for the info!!!

Message 5/20             25-Jun-01  @  02:47 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

Sean Tyas

Link?:  Link

Is it a bug that when I turn the prog change knob on my sn2 with local off, while in logic, the banks changes every few programs even if Im only changing the program??

Message 6/20             25-Jun-01  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

ktl

Kinetic,

Question on the forthcoming digital I/O. I will understand if you cannot comment on this before it is delivered - however, it will help me to plan my digital setup if you can comment:

Will there be wordclock-in ports on the digital I/O board to synchronize the outs to other parts of my system? Will there be a way to achieve external synch?

Thanks,
KTL

Message 7/20             28-Jun-01  @  01:10 AM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

Kinetik

KTL : Yes it is currently planned to support wordclock in.

Message 8/20             29-Jun-01  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

KTL

Kinetik,

Excellent! Thanks for the response. I am so glad that there will be synch - I would have hated to re-clock all signals to the rest of my system.

Looking forward to the Dig I/O card, Best Regards,
KTL

Message 9/20             10-Jul-01  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

chris

Kinetik, on 22nd June you wrote:

"It is expected that OS4.1 will be available on the Novation site either during this weekend or early next week."

and..

"We're currently aiming to release OS1.7 around the end of next week or around the end of the following week."

Any news yet?

Chris

Message 10/20             10-Jul-01  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: Forthcoming OS systems

Kinetik

Novation have had the finished OS4.1 code in their possesion for a good while now.

I guess whoever they employ to update their site has his attention on other matters at the moment.

If you give Novation a (polite) call and ask when their site is to be updated, I'm sure it won't do any harm ;-)

Pages: 1 2

There are 20 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)