aaa RTFM - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: RTFM

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/60             30-Jun-01  @  05:48 AM   -   RTFM

sitar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Nice name for a track :P Check it out please. My first DnB. I tried to do one about a year ago...went the way of the recycle bin. I have to thank Influx, Infrasound, and Nobody (may humanity rest in peace) for influencing me to like this stuff. Or maybe I should shoot them.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/60             30-Jun-01  @  07:57 AM   -   RE: RTFM

agog

Link?:  No link

nice track, sitar..well done. Interesting drums...I think the track really gets exciting at around 2:10 with that phased stab and pad...all in all, excellent job, especially seeing as this particular type of tune (dnb) seems to be a departure from your usual style (well, at least judging by the other tunes in your track list)...nice- keep it up man! cheers....

Message 3/60             30-Jun-01  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: RTFM

Guards of Magog

You be the one who amuses self. Correct? We will judge your offering shortly. In meantime, never underestimate value of shooting they who influence you. Serious.

Message 4/60             30-Jun-01  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: RTFM

sitar

Agog, thanks. I checked Drum 'n' Bass and Techno as genres in my profile. One morning I woke up and realized that the genres are supposed to indicate what one writes, not just what one likes to listen to. Why does life have to be so complicated? So on the one hand it's a departure, on the other it's what I'm supposed to be doing. Nice I'm finally getting around to it. So thanks. I'll try to keep it up.

Message 5/60             30-Jun-01  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: RTFM

sitar

Guards of Magog. The nerve of people that walk around and influence others. I agree. Nice to find like-minded people.

Message 6/60             01-Jul-01  @  12:20 AM   -   RE: RTFM

superprophet

Link?: Link

knives into foreheads

Message 7/60             01-Jul-01  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: RTFM

superprophet

always causes a quick death

Message 8/60             01-Jul-01  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: RTFM

superprophet

more dead humans! more!

Message 9/60             01-Jul-01  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: RTFM

sitar

I knew my tunes would someday inspire.

Message 10/60             01-Jul-01  @  06:10 AM   -   RE: RTFM

influx

well..I cant stream but I downloaded it.

listening right now. good sound quality, man...cept the blippy kick that comes in sounds a little loud and I cant hear whats in the background

kick is a little busy (hehe and your damn bassline sounds like my "your love" mix" ) just kiddin

well...as for the main bassline...if you wanted this to really move it might be good to have a little more active B-line, and have the main drums a little more sparse. Rattling snares is one thing, but kicks that do too much at that tempo sound busy

breakdown right now...comin back in...damn at first I thought I was listening to Rob Playford's "The Shadow" (AWESOME track by the way you should check it out...I like the Process Mix best)

well...basically..it just doesnt seem to GO...not that its horribly redundant but it seems to stay sorta stagnant. Neat sounds, although the main Bline could be made a LOT harder...

even layering it...doing one version highpassed real squelchy and distorted, and then a sub underneath...(or did you do that already? )

good mix though and not bad for a "first attempt" (like Im some sort of DnB expert!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 60 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)