aaa new from Novation - The A-station! - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: new from Novation - The A-station!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             10-Jul-01  @  06:55 PM   -   new from Novation - The A-station!

j-type

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Looks like a severely cut-down Supernova squeezed into a Bassstation-style rack. Don't think its multitimbral, just 8 note polyphonic

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             10-Jul-01  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: new from Novation - The A-station!

scrotalsack

Link?:  No link

word! that sound pretty cool... its neat, all these manufacturers, they are all making these small 1-space versions of their synths... you could totally take a minature version of your studio in a tiny little rack anywhere you go...

Message 3/16             11-Jul-01  @  01:34 AM   -   RE: new from Novation - The A-station!

k

yeah! excellent for use with hard disk system !

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/16             11-Jul-01  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: new from Novation - The A-station!

k

but what the fuck?.. it's NOT on the novation site - it's not in their news page even?.. and they didnt release any press releases on it?...

is this real?... or an old april fools joke...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/16             12-Jul-01  @  01:58 AM   -   RE: new from Novation - The A-station!

scrotalsack

it wouldnt surprise me if it's not on the novation site... NAMM is coming up again soon, and occasionally a retailer will list something before its been announced.

think of it this way: It's only logical, right? And remember how there are two versions of the bass-station, the rack and two-octave keyboard? What was that little "Unknown 2-Octave Prototype" they showed a year and a half or so ago?

My money is on that the actual bassstation is over, to be replaced by the A-Station and its keyboard brother, the AStationKB or something...

Message 6/16             12-Jul-01  @  08:49 AM   -   RE: new from Novation - The A-station!

chris

I'n not exactly impressed with Novation's web-site maintenance. For example, they put up a link to a non-existant new OS for the SN2 for a good month or two.

I do wish they'd get their act in gear and get these new OS versions out, the bugs on SN2 (which they've known about for ages now) are really quite annoying.

It really doesn't take much effort to keep a web page alive and interesting guys!

Chris

Message 7/16             12-Jul-01  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: new from Novation - The A-station!

scrotalsack

i'd update their website just about every day if they'd give me a SN2KB 48 voice....
it wouldnt even have to be real updates, just...
"July 12, 2001.... Nothing New Happening"

Message 8/16             13-Jul-01  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: new from Novation - The A-station!

k

well I realise hops might do this, BUt it might backfire on novation cos people might thing it's novations fault if they then call the shop and there's no a-statuion in stock to be actualy purchased.... we're getting the press stuff on it soon - I called them, so we add it when it arrives.

Message 9/16             13-Jul-01  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: new from Novation - The A-station!

scrotalsack

what would be really cool would be if it had an option for digital output... that's the only thing missing from these small 1-space synths... then if they had that, someone could make a small 2 or 3 space digital mixer, with spdif and adat inputs... and a firewire out...like the motu 828 to hook up to a laptop... you could have a top-quality little setup in a small space...
I dunno, it wouldnt be that hard... have you seen the size of the logic boards these days? there would totally be room for a digital option...

Message 10/16             24-Jul-01  @  01:13 PM   -   RE: new from Novation - The A-station!

Liquid

SO is this likely to be a cut down Nova/Supernova, or will it be a whole new synth with a character all its OWn?

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)