aaa "Down to the Blast" - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: "Down to the Blast"

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/17             16-Jul-01  @  06:27 PM   -   "Down to the Blast"

Ghost

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hey yinz

here's a song about cocaine and guns....

naw, just kidding...

it's about Three Rivers Stadium.

It's called "Down to the Blast".

Check my space here for lo-fi play, or see the site
for streaming hi-fi play, download, and PICTURES!!!!!!!!

http://www.strangeaudio.com

Enjoy!

Ghost

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/17             16-Jul-01  @  07:59 PM   -   RE:

sitar

Link?:  Link

Always liked the Steelers. Can't wait to listen.

Message 3/17             17-Jul-01  @  03:28 AM   -   RE:

8life8

Link?:  No link

Hi, cons: the production quality is poor (do u have sound editor with plugins, get one!.. but still I doupt that it would help u need some better-soundig kit, I'm sorry but its all rather lifeless, the sounds r cheesy and very week, everything even the filter sweep r poor, and the song doesn't go anywhere nor does it have any content or reason .. its just well plays ..

pros:u have a lot of room to grow  ..

sorry don't mean to be offencive, but i hope u can at least value my honesty ..

Message 4/17             17-Jul-01  @  05:21 PM   -   RE:

Ghost

hey all right.. thanks for listening

Message 5/17             17-Jul-01  @  05:47 PM   -   RE:

sitar

Link?:  Link

I'll listen tomorrow Ghost. Don't listen to 8life8. He's probably not a Steeler's fan anyway  

Message 6/17             17-Jul-01  @  07:23 PM   -   RE:

Ghost

yes, it can be a tough cross to bear, especially lately due to some poor draft choices, and the loss of some great free agents in the last few years....

it's hard to explain to other people the huge impact of sports in this town (Pittsburgh)......
let's just say that sports is pretty important....

for this one, I was going for a more dancefloor stylee... fewer elements for greater impact on the floor....

please listen to hi-fi or download...
thanks

Message 7/17             17-Jul-01  @  09:22 PM   -   RE:

8life8

ok sorry that was too cold of me, (and yhea I don't like square dnb, I can't stand it actully (might be a big part of the feedback) I loved/grew up on the oldskool jungel though .. anyway I was haveing a terrible day and listening at low volume (it was lait) .. sorry.. lets try this agian and I'll try to b more helpful this time.. ok to start with u gotta replace that chessy stapp (mc303?, try to get a cheap SyntH that can replace it and run the snare and kick through a compressor to get it more tight and puncy (it would seriuslu help the beat, as the snare and kick drive the beat along with the bassline (wich is actually Cool, but just has a awul sound) at 50 sec there is a small one bar break and after that u roll in the same pattern (big NoNo)that kills it! makes it flat and longwinded.. (add something that is very noticable and gives it a push (16th/note/ryde?Hat) but u just adda xtra hit (that doesn't sound to good and doesn't do anything for the grove).. 1:27 it mixes up a bit (actually nice unmuting and nice how u break it into the next pattern, and in comes xtra rolling snare (or hell is that a hhat) it's good though and adds to the beat(I like the vocal by the way they have a great basement sound!, 2:15 it changes up a bit and goes into a break down, that bass is way too weak and really has a plastk agresiveness to it, (to fake) at 246 my systems fucks up and a error accurse.. I tried the hi-fi version but my system wouldn't do it .. ok I'll try agian.. so after the bearkdown we get the same pattern again (u need more spice) the bassline has a nice filter swweep ( the weap is good but it has a very weak filter so it doesn't sound too good) , there's a xtras synth string that comes itno later on (most likely the peak of the track (so yhea the arrangemnt is there just too flat and repeatatif, where r the the straight Hhat's? u r out missing out big by not haveing them .. anyway a system error again .. I hope u take some of my thought into consideration, u have a track but it needs work .. again sorry for being an total ass .. and yhea I dig the logo!

Message 8/17             17-Jul-01  @  10:26 PM   -   RE:

Ghost

I think it's fine just the way it is....... everything is where it should be. but I wrote it, so I'm biased....

I wasn't looking for analysis/criticism, but thanks for the input....

see, I'll just keep rolling these spliffs, and you all can just keep smoking... dig?

"You dig it the most!" - V. Vega

I hope you all like the site's pictures. I figure they will give you something to do while you listen.....

Message 9/17             18-Jul-01  @  03:14 AM   -   RE:

xoxos

File?:  [image]

[image file]

8life8 if the beat is hardcore going straight back into it isn't only the best choice it's the only choice. kind of like listening to this track.

should have been in on this one ghost.

Message 10/17             18-Jul-01  @  02:41 PM   -   RE:

8life8

man I was just trying to help, but I guess I just came out as a total ass again .. well at least I learnt something: I shouln't comment on styles that I don't like" ..and also I was way way too ruff (I was actually judeing it as a fully realesed track on a label (wich I never do).. dunno, ruff week, need to mellow out, zo just pass the j will ya ..

Pages: 1 2

There are 17 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)