aaa New soundset for the NOVA ???? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: New soundset for the NOVA ????

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/30             13-Aug-01  @  07:07 PM   -   New soundset for the NOVA ????

system85

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

The "total.mid"-file,
coming up with the new OS,
is not a new soundset
just some new sounds are added to the old,
maybe some are optimized for the new OS...

I don´t know why other companies like
Access are able to produce really cool
Banks for their new OS
(the Cosmic Dancer Set is fantastic),
but after so a long time no really
new soundset was made by Novation...

The support of Novation is far away
from Access or Waldorf.
Its hard to say but its true.
I know your arguments, "make your own sounds"
and bla bla,
but I have no time for this kind of work,
I need some more banks with different sounds,
which I finally rework for the song,
but I like to be inspired by new sounds.

Maybe someone can give me some more sounds,
I have not a lot to trade,
but I would be happy if you can give me some more.
Best regards,
bene

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/30             13-Aug-01  @  11:24 PM   -   RE: New soundset for the NOVA ????

omen_omen

Link?:  No link

Have yo tried the supernova groups at yarhoo groups

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/supernova/files/Union%20Makes%20Force

You will need to set up an account (free). once you have joined yo have acess to patches that have been posted by other users (there are lots).

Jamie

Message 3/30             15-Aug-01  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: New soundset for the NOVA ????

k

well, I listened to your tracks (a few) and really HONESTLY... now dont get pissy...cos you might not like this, but....

i think you need to look at a bit of 'originality' in your music which would make WAY WAY more of an improvement than looking for new presets... the point being, that you can add as many new presets as you like to those tunes of yours and they will still be boring generic euro-trance clones, the same as every other 'home trance' mp3 composer is doing that you find on the www.

No-one listens anymore since two years at least to this sound, even when it was done with integrity & originality. The music scene has moved on since then & this is now a totaly dead style of music from the past which no-one plays now except on TV for 'TV-Link Football Trailer' backing music underneath announcements about forthcoming new programmes on un-hop TV sattelite channels, in fact even that is now not being used for this purpose - Sorry but that's a fact mate! I've heard it all before till i'm tired to death to hear this stuff one more time... it's years since this style was bubbling as a valid original style when done properly -

Every track of yours goes: d-d-da, d-d-da, d-d-da over and over & over - the exact same timing, the exact same patterns, just different keys & scales - It's pure toothache music without any soul, originality or intelligence with a few flashy production joins chucked in to try to make it interesting. It sounds like you made a bunch of 'joins' then flung some music in between those to make a tune.

You CAN do so much BETTER if you think about what YOU do - what is inside YOu as an original vibe & ideas?? - not trying to copy something which didnt sound like that in the first place even when it WAS in vogue.

You might think that's insulting, you might be angry to hear this even, but trust me it's good advice, and no more insulting than your comments about novation -

That is NOT Trance music mate what you are doing, really it's not... you'd have to take ALOT of drugs & have gone to ALOT of trance raves down thru the years to understand that. You play that stuff to a trance crowd & they'd walk off the dancefloor trust me - it is too strident, has no subtlety or 'journey' or evolvement, it is just banging tooth-ache music for provincial town pissed up boot-boy disco punters to act agressive to on the dance foor before they go out of the club and look for a fight on the way home.

really, look for what is inside YOU and make some original cool music with a groove cos that sounds like Waffen SS Nazi marching music to me  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/30             15-Aug-01  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: New soundset for the NOVA ????

Bazziman

wow, that's harsh but honoust.

Message 5/30             15-Aug-01  @  02:00 AM   -   RE: New soundset for the NOVA ????

satori

Link?:  Link

Wow k.

You are very brave man!
These comments are very strong and... I think I fully agree with you. I do have a similar opinion about these rhythms and tunes, calling them 3 chords wonders. Why wonders? Because I wonder why is is still played! ;-P I bet the most of them are made in Fruity Loops and record companies are flooded lately with this stuff.
Once a good friend gave me 5 trance CD’s to listen to and I endured up to second CD.
I knew roughly what was on the rest of it.

Bash me!
http://www.mp3.com.au/artist.asp?id=1479
Make public comments here if you do wish so.
And... tell me what I still do need to get better.
Direct me somewhere, point to the music I should listen to.

I got Brian Transeau double CD, "Movement In Still Life" and I do like some of Brian stuff, especially his synths programming etc, but... not enough music for me.

I would appreciate a lot your comments...

BTW. It does not mean I do like and I do support EVERY line of your comment.;-D

Message 6/30             15-Aug-01  @  03:05 AM   -   RE: New soundset for the NOVA ????

omen_omen

Fuck me thats a bit harsh - each to there own. I didn't realize there was so much snobbery in music!!

I infact don't like trance that much - but i respect what other people do, no matter what level their at.

Jamie

P.S
I do agree with criticism, but its got to be constructive.

Message 7/30             15-Aug-01  @  09:29 AM   -   RE: New soundset for the NOVA ????

Bazziman

I listened to some of this guys work myself and it
's not even that bad... decent but very unoriginal.. I can picture this guy sitting behind his mixer and synths trying to figure out what shit 16-year olds are buying these days and trying to recreate just that sound... I guess this stuff would sell pretty good in countries like Belgium where they have like a zillion live-act playing this crap.... you know one guy behind a keyboard... one girl 'singing' wrapped in sexy cellophane with either 2 blondes dancing in the back or two black blokes...or some variation on that theme... it's on the telly every fahkin' day so I know what i'm talking about...

Message 8/30             15-Aug-01  @  10:04 AM     Edit: 15-Aug-01  |  10:20 AM   -   RE: New soundset for the NOVA ????

k

yeah well, you get what you give. I was just illustrating a point.

Jamie, snobbery has nothing to do with it - are we musicians or people who press buttons?... do we use electronic gear to make MUSIC ?... i can appreciate ANY original music, no matter what the ability of the creator, but that isnt 'music' to me... and it doesnt represent anything of the mind or ideas or soul of the person who made it as far as I'm concerned.

I've been listening and raving to trance for years, and it royaly fucks me off to see stuff like that now ruining the reputation of a fine creative genre which used to turn out some of the most original well crafted exciting music around.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/30             15-Aug-01  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: New soundset for the NOVA ????

omen_omen

Fair enough, i see your point. I often compare making music to painting, lots of people
like to paint but many are not that good. But unless you put your own personal touch to
the picture, it might well be painting by numbers (music by pushing buttons).

I have also been raving since i was 15 ( 1990) and even before i was old enough to go
to raves that i liked acid house. I remember the time when you couldn't by any sort of
dance music in the record shop,good or bad, and now its full of chart dance crap.

The point i was trying to make, is even if you do paint by numbers you are still having
fun and channelling your energy into something constructive, and from this you
progress into new areas start to have ideas of you own. Add this to some constructive
criticism and before you know it, you are on your way.

Jamie

Message 10/30             15-Aug-01  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: New soundset for the NOVA ????

Stefan

Hey K,

maybe Bene likes his music.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 30 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)