aaa Rape your eardrums! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Rape your eardrums!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             15-Aug-01  @  12:12 AM     Edit: 15-Aug-01  |  12:15 AM   -   Rape your eardrums!

Skuzzbag

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

See what you think, if you please   - it ends suddenly though. 2 versions 24kbps and 40kbps, cos my stuff just doesn't convert to 24 very well at all :P

Anyone else like Ealing comedies btw?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             15-Aug-01  @  12:33 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

sitar

Link?:  Link

Love the thread title. Will have to submit my poor virgin ears to the abuse when I can.

Message 3/19             15-Aug-01  @  01:00 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

k

Link?: Link

yeah, Classic film!... I like the one where they are in Jail with the vicar (Wilfred Hyde White) who leads the Mob from the outside - the 'soft' warden is the guy who always runs 'the local tavern' in Hammer Dracula films   ha ha .. & Lional Jeffries is the 'bastard screw from hell'.

yeah those ealing flims man... not just the comedies either - '10 Rillington Place' anyone ?.. Dickey Attenborough at his best & a good early showing for John Hurt!

Y'know, it's weird, all the great old flims and at night they show any old utter crap as long as it's in colour... so we get endless bland yank drama's about 'single lone-parent women who find their strength thru lone struggle' (usualy starring an ex 'charlies angel' or any bird trying to make a movie to get 'respect' from women back), or pointless crappy B movie murder flims, when all the while those old classics sit on the shelf... and the bigger irony is, when any of the cuurent crop of top actors & directors in the world is asked about films, these are the ones they hold up as the best films ever made...

"so why they dont show them eh Keys?.. there's something-about-it-I-dont-like ya hear Keys!!... something fishy... something i cant quite put my finger on.. I tell ya Keys!.. This all stinks, and I'm going to get to the bottom of it I tell ya!!"

heh heh...  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/19             15-Aug-01  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

k

still prefer the lo-fi version tho - it is more banging  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/19             15-Aug-01  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

Jasper

I think the class stuff about them is the way they made the films really funny without strict gags or 1-liners, it's just the pure genius of having great actors that fitted the part spot on.

My favorite bit in the ladykillers is when one of the gang walks into the house to find alec guiness playing the piano and peter sellers is singing old songs along with the old women and two of her mates. the look on alec guiness's face is classic!

How come the lo-fi version is more banging k? cos of the frequencies removed and that? tell me! tell me!

Message 6/19             15-Aug-01  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

Jasper

Ah, just listened again, I think I know what you mean, the bass/kick gells better in the lo-fi and has more presence and growl. I'll have a go at fixing that when I can.

Message 7/19             16-Aug-01  @  12:07 AM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

night333

This is good, I really like this...

Message 8/19             16-Aug-01  @  05:05 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

sitar

Link?:  Link

I like this lots. Listening Lo Fi. Good drums. I can see the ravers jumping right on it. I like when drums have that certain primal feeling to them. I can hear this coming out of Nigeria or Burundi maybe.

Oh, Ladykiller is what we're talking about right? That's what I'm listening to.

Message 9/19             16-Aug-01  @  06:50 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

monkeyboy

man, you got it going on with the drums mate, bloody blew me away, both your tracks. sounded totally pro to my ears.hope your gonna try to get these babies released, good luck if you do. i think they sound great as they are.

Message 10/19             16-Aug-01  @  09:58 PM   -   RE: Rape your eardrums!

Jasper

I am now mate  

Got another track in the pipeline, I want to send three. You've all got me burning to write tracks :D now!

Think I'll call it ladykiller btw, better than rip n shred. cheers sitar.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)