aaa All I ever hear... - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: All I ever hear...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/39             07-Sep-01  @  04:21 PM   -   All I ever hear...

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

...is people talking about the uQ. What the fuck? That's the entry level piece now. Nobody ever talks about their MW1 or XTK or Q here anymore. What happened? Did you all figure out every bit of those tools? If so, you folks are all way tougher than I am, cuz I'm still discovering stuff about all of my pieces and some I've had for ten years or more. I still love my Q and my MW1. Dope ass live pieces.

Ape

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/39             08-Sep-01  @  06:11 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Bit Crusher

Link?:  Link

Everyone talks about thier entry level mQ cuz its all anyone can afford I guess (well in my case) And I havnt seen DefectorZ and his xt posting around lately, who else owns a piece of waldorf gear?

Message 3/39             08-Sep-01  @  07:19 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

Pongoid

I didn't mean to come off like a snob. Waldorf gear is not THAT expensive these days unless you want a Wave. Save your pennies and get the stuff. You know the drill.

Ape

Message 4/39             16-Sep-01  @  08:40 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

8life8

Link?:  No link

I have MW1 love it sooooo much, .. haveing problems getting decent OHHats and the kicks seam to be hard to do although sometimes when programing other sounds I'll come up with a great kick but triggering it lets say 4 on the fllor leads too to many clicks and pops and flaps u know it's just not a solid kick on evry beat it changes up (likely due to the analouge filters, lovely when it's doing everything else (so alive) exept thouse damm kicks not getting them.. aslo haveing a hard time getting a pure sine sub tone (actually that can't b very hard, guess I'm lazy .. in anycase you wanted to talk waldorf soo ape man any tips are apreciated ..

Message 5/39             16-Sep-01  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

woxy

Link?:  Link

i am the proud owner of a MicrowaveXT.

Is it true they came up with the presets by clicking the randomise button until they got good noises then fine tuning them?

Actually - I've never pressed the randomise button.....

[runs off to try it out.....]

Message 6/39             17-Sep-01  @  12:17 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

steve

8life8 - sine wave on mw1: turn all oscillators off, resonance up full, roll the cutoff down, play some keys, buy new cones for your speakers. Either that or just turn the gain right down beforehand, wish that was what I`d done  

Message 7/39             17-Sep-01  @  01:55 AM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

8life8

yup I bypassed that one: using the filter as a osc .. dam I never think of that ..
cheers!

Message 8/39             17-Sep-01  @  04:32 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

dARKSTATe

Ape.. you're right mate but so is Bit Crusher - I got my uQ coz I wanted into the Waldorf sound and at the time my budget wasn't nearly as high as I'd like it to be...

At least we *have* that option and now my studio's a better place for it...  

When I have more money or if you ever decide to donate some kit   I'll be adding more Waldorf wackiness to my setup!!

Marc_D

btw - I use the PPGWave VSTI quite a bit.. izzat okay??  

Message 9/39             17-Sep-01  @  07:14 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

steve

just bought a uq meself actually, guess I couldn`t stay away from them waldorfs.

One thing about the q series that you dont really see in most other digital subtractive synths is that its not left wanting for frequencies - it`ll go from booming badboy bass right up to sparkling tinkly highs and everything inbetween. This is one impressed chimpanzee, I just hope we get to see the ppg filter gracing the uq at some point.

Oh yeah, I agree with Bitcrusher also.

Message 10/39             17-Sep-01  @  09:08 PM   -   RE: All I ever hear...

nothingnewhere

Well I used to have a Pulse+... and now I've got a uQ.

I want a uWave so bad. But till I get one, all you're gonna here from me is uq uq uq.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 39 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)