aaa Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/29             28-Nov-01  @  07:09 AM   -   Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

brad

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Yulp, me & marianimal finally got our demo CD done! It's 7 all live tracks- recorded here in the SF Bay area at the Hush Hush Lounge, Light, and er, my basement! The demo is just somefin to give to promoters, club owners, etc. Yes, yes, please do laugh at the headshot ;-)

Anyway this track is called 'Cannot Repeat.' Say what you want about the track, but don't bother mentioning EQ/levels/mastering, etc- it's recorded live! Bassline is real subby and got mostly lost in the encoding- hey turn it up for me on your stereo willya?

First in a series...cheers for listening if you do.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/29             28-Nov-01  @  08:46 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

panama

Link?:  No link

dunno about the voice brad... This tunes
atmos just doesn't cut with the voice. nice
singing though.

Message 3/29             28-Nov-01  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

panama

Link?:  No link

o doh, you did this live! So it isn't studio
excellent.

I would get some effects on that voice... like
some crazy delay with a subtle verb. definitley
will open the mix up.

cheers!

Message 4/29             28-Nov-01  @  11:43 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

xoxos

couldn't vote for it when i d/l'ed earlier.. the vibe totally clashed with where i needed to be to work on my stuff, but i gotta go to work now so i can listen and i'm loving it. marianne's voice does sound shrill on the mp3, but hearing past the mp3 it sounds pretty rich. the organ patch does make me want to hear a cheesy loungy solo with loads of flams and accidentals or whatever, but i know what it takes to get there.. i ain't there yet. nice song, guys.

Message 5/29             28-Nov-01  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

bedwyr

sub? i can here it good on my absolute 2s. maybe have another bass sound higher, syncopated with the sub? (more gaps in sub line?) organ, is that you live? get a tighter sound, bit too much cheese maybe (sorry) guitar sound on intro is right. more verb on vox? tho live you don't need so much. and use more kicks ie 3 different ones specially different sound on the kick roll. check out grant nelson site for cool samples, hold on are they here as well?

all good.   dunno what everyone else is on about with the vocal, compression maybe? more in ya face needed?  

Message 6/29             28-Nov-01  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

knowa

Link?:  Link

yeah, good job. I second the call for a few differnt kicks. I have an XP-50 too--try sending the organ patch through the crappy internal compressor and with the gain at +6 and cutting both highs and lows a little bit. I think this sound would be great with some live bass too, but I'm not saying it needed it. since marianimal's voice is the pretty, anglo type, I think that a little more dirt on the drum sounds might be a nice contrast. good job.

Message 7/29             28-Nov-01  @  06:57 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

Maarten

Third the kicks and think she has a great voice, second the delays for it too though.

Maarten the Repeater

Message 8/29             28-Nov-01  @  08:10 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

brad

Wow you guys! OK- diff. kick sound for the breaks- got it! Never even considered it. But listening to more and more ukgarage, yeah, they vary that shit don't they.

vox wise, there is a bit of subtle delay on there but you can't here it here. Compression is still something I'm working out- right now I'm using a 3630 just as a limiter- cuts down on the feedback big-time. Vox sound a tad dull b/c I always roll-off the highs on Marianne's mic, again, to prevent feedback.

getting good live vocals is one of our biggest technical challenges- most clubs/dj bars have speakers flown up EVERYWHERE...it'll just be trial&error for a while I'm sure.

Dude, you guys are awesome! Even when you say it's cheesy, that's great! thanks for the xp50 tips knowa- I'm sure marianimal will be interested.

what should we post up next Marianne?

Message 9/29             28-Nov-01  @  09:39 PM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

xoxos

actually, i bequest you to start singing b/g brad or face a future of meaningless empty overgrown parking lots stretching to infinity and only ever soggy cardboard boxes for dinner with no bugs and a distant crow you never see. i really hope you can't carry a tune.. there's nothing quite so enchanting as an on-key female lead singer and an off-key male producer on b/g. it's deep, brad. and you only have to say the major words. don't make me show you and get out my american vietnamese new wave tapes, cos i won't.. they're falling to pieces :|

Message 10/29             29-Nov-01  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: Duo Electro *LIVE* tracks

influx

Link?:  Link

I HATE VOCALS IN "DANCE" MUSIC

that said, I think its a cool song. voice DEFINITELY needs some verb, delay, fx and to come back a bit. I know its live and not engineered but maybe you two otta look at something like the digitech vocalist or the like to achieve this

hey panama..did you even READ the first post? Id say brad made it pretty damn clear that he wasnt looking for "mix" advice:

"but don't bother mentioning EQ/levels/mastering, etc- it's recorded live"

bleaahhhhh!

nice shuffly one, Brad. Cant say I know much about "garidge" but it sounds cool to me

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)