aaa Drumstations freeze - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Drumstations freeze

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             02-Dec-01  @  07:42 PM   -   Drumstations freeze

Jon

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hey,

I recently bought a secondhand drumstation v1 unit and I like it, but it freezes a lot. Usually one or two times a day. Is this normal?
If not, what could it be?

Why is there no on/off switch on the drumstation?  

Thanks in advance!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             02-Dec-01  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: Drumstations freeze

influx

Link?:  Link

try putting a new OS in it. even "reinstalling" the proper one?

or find out if theres a hard reset function. bass station rack didnt have a power switch either. kinda odd, but..

Message 3/18             02-Dec-01  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: Drumstations freeze

Jon

Thanks, I'll try that

Message 4/18             03-Dec-01  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Drumstations freeze

k

the power supply could be the problem if it's the old V1 power supply?.

Message 5/18             03-Dec-01  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: Drumstations freeze

Jon

Are there problems with old V1 power supplies?

I bought it second so I don't know what version power supply it is. It says nothing on the power supply. But chances are it's the V1

Message 6/18             03-Dec-01  @  03:41 PM   -   RE: Drumstations freeze

bedwyr

Link?: Link

hmm freezing. i never use my (borrowed) bass station rack, coz it gets stuck midi notes too often. guy who owns it dosen't want it back, it's such a wind-up. when i started getting into dance production, i was going to grassroots in cardiff (massive props to them, midi, sampler (casio fz thingy) & shit for £2.50 an hour!) they had a bass station and you'd have to resart the tune on mixdown every time the novation hanged. scared me away from novation stuff from the start.

btw it's in the rack still, anyone got any tips for filtering external shit with it? (you know, the input round the back)

Message 7/18             03-Dec-01  @  04:48 PM   -   RE: Drumstations freeze

Lee

I had same problem with one of mine recently. It came with a 500mA power supply - took it in and they sold me a 600mA supply instead - has been fine since then.

Message 8/18             04-Dec-01  @  03:54 AM   -   RE: Drumstations freeze

influx

Link?:  Link

yeah. try hitting up novation

Message 9/18             04-Dec-01  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Drumstations freeze

Jon

Thanks guys for the replies, if it gets worse I'll call novation, but if not I won't bother because I think I can live with it (unless it starts to freeze every 2 mins   )

It's a really cool unit in my mind. Love the 909 kick on it, way cooler than samples. The only thing I miss really is that on\off button.. hehe

I like Novation Products. I have the Nova too, and it's fantastic!! Sounds really great for trance..

I also have the Microwave XT which I also think is great, but it's spacey   The Nova is more your bread and butter synth.. besides I haven't learned the XT 100% yet ...

I know this last stuff didn't have so much to do with the topic it just had to get out =]

Thanks guys!

Message 10/18             05-Dec-01  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: Drumstations freeze

planetfrog

yeah, a few weeks ago my Novation bass station froze solid, all I got out of it was a continuous hum and a slightly glazed look on its panel - the lights were on but nobody was home. Took it to my local music store ( with the old Adaptor ), a few weeks later I had it back - with a new Adaptor and it was working fine...cost me £70 though :-(. Weird thing was that there was no explanation for what went wrong..just the new adaptor - clearly there's a problem with these things.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)