aaa New Track by Espoo2 - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New Track by Espoo2

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/41             13-Dec-01  @  01:20 AM   -   New Track by Espoo2

Espoo2

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Would love to hear any feedback on this track... It's called "Kind of Automated".... it seems the bottom end got cut out quite a bit with this low bandwidth version.... as well as kicking up one of the hats... Guess I need to do a web mix of it, to fix that, next time... Chacka ren Poog.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/41             13-Dec-01  @  01:22 AM   -   RE: New Track by Espoo2

Espoo2

Just realized I wasnt logged in when I posted that, so click on my name on THIS post to hear it....

Message 3/41             13-Dec-01  @  07:36 AM   -   RE: New Track by Espoo2

marianimal

The length of the opening part is slightly awkward, maybe to create an intentional sense of unease? The tune sounds good. At that part around 3:16 or so where the kick starts to come back in, I think it would be interesting to hear the vocal samples there too. Maybe more parts of the tune could use one additional subtle layer or texture. But these really energetic parts in the 2nd half of the tune are good, they really grab ya.

Message 4/41             13-Dec-01  @  11:46 AM   -   RE: New Track by Espoo2

Espoo2

Thanks!
I originally had the vocal samples in at that part, but I got tired of hearing it, so took them out... Maybe its just from working on it and hearing it over and over again, I get afraid of it getting old... I'll gather some more opinions and see... The beginning section I like... the building of tension before the drums, but I appreciate the critique!

Message 5/41             13-Dec-01  @  05:40 PM   -   RE: New Track by Espoo2

k

Link?:  Link

bottom end is fine on my system, perfect.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/41             13-Dec-01  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: New Track by Espoo2

xoxos

Link?: Link

whenever i hear tracks like this i imagine nobody (the person) skating about a lot and doing wild flips and stuff. dynamic, physical music. hey, i listened, can't think of anyway to be constructively critical, but hey, is not so bad, i think you others who are out there, you listen, and then i think you are going to be liking it, hey. i'm just not a skittery bass drop type.

Message 7/41             13-Dec-01  @  06:00 PM   -   RE: New Track by Espoo2

Espoo2

Oh yes yes. Xoxos, the man who's music I respect the most on this site... this means alot. Thank you!

Message 8/41             13-Dec-01  @  06:56 PM   -   RE: New Track by Espoo2

marianimal

Yeah, building tension (which I called unease) is fine. I just wasn't positive that it was your aim.

Message 9/41             13-Dec-01  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: New Track by Espoo2

bedwyr

Link?:  Link

yeah, cool as fk. maybe try that pitching the snare up as the roll goes *more*, you do it once (?) but it could be more in your face, that thing that they do, know what i mean? in bits. and use different snares as well maybe (ie more than one). that stop around 4.55 is a bit weak, imho. all good though.  

listening again, maybe you could stick in reverbed snatches of a break over the intro, just for flavour. and the delay on the first brake maybe doesn't need to be in time, try a cross-rhythm to fk peoples heads.  

Message 10/41             13-Dec-01  @  07:20 PM   -   RE: New Track by Espoo2

Espoo2

That sounds great, Bedwyr. Good ideas. I'll throw that in there and see.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)