aaa alright you chumps thats ENOUGH - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

Original Message 1/67             13-Dec-01  @  06:55 AM   -   alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

influx

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

OK. How many of you fuckers are voting for your OWN tracks on a REGULAR basis. COME ON. FESS UP!!!

Now lemme ask you this. WHY? To see your name up there? Ill admit I did it a couple times partly to see how many other votes I had

at the time, when i did it the track had about 8 votes, and the #1 had like 132 or something. now its pretty clear that people like "Hyenas" are sitting there voting for themselves every chance they get, and Id be quite surprised if no one else was.

so whats the point? I mean..come on...arent you satisfied with what you done in and of itself? Not good enough?

This is ridiculously amusing, I say. So, I guess, thank you losers for giving me something to chuckle at!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/67             13-Dec-01  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

xoxos

Link?: Link

aah, influx, you illustrate the principal of reciprocity so well.. in that the world appears to you as you present yourself to it.. for if you had not conceived of an individual - namely yourself - cheating the system in this manner, then you would not so readily suspect others of the same.

you will notice that for instance my track, 'virtual paradise,' has been in the top for weeks now, through no invention of my own, but rather purely by the sheer happenstance of it being in an easy position to observe. you will also notice that your tracks have not been in the top five in this time, as your corrupt and decietful spirit is communicated to others through all media, and possibly by superlative means as well.

so it has been said by the ancients, "it takes one to know one, innit."

sorry bro, just reading the ozzy-b gear tips..

Message 3/67             13-Dec-01  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Maarten

heh, your truly poetic xoxos, anyway bit of a lame excuse influx as you should be able to count the votes using the mail confirmations you recieve from the DT server :P

Message 4/67             13-Dec-01  @  01:06 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Deano

Link?:  No link

Personally I've never voted for my own track, but I know a mate did a few times. I didn't ask him to and he didn't tell me till afterwards. But I reckon the tunes in the chart are more likely to be listened to, so once they are in there they are likely to stay there by getting votes from real punters. So if people rig it by voting for their own stuff they are going to get more exposure. Makes it kinda tempting to some people perhaps. The trouble is, because of this, I don't think the chart is any indication of quality ( a bit like the "real" charts I suppose, which are rigged in a different way ). If you want to know how good your stuff is the DT office playlist is a better indication. I've found that I'm more likely to hear stuff I like by just picking at random rather than listening to stuff that's in the chart. I don't know if they're is any way round this...any ideas?

Message 5/67             13-Dec-01  @  01:23 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

steve

it is pretty funny tho aint it?

Message 6/67             13-Dec-01  @  02:21 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

Boxwell

It's pretty pathetic as well though.

Is there no way of cancelling any regular votes from the same computer?

Message 7/67             13-Dec-01  @  02:26 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

sitar

I've seen that twice about getting emails everytime your track is voted for, but I haven't gotten any though I've gotten votes. Maybe you have to enable something or other. I voted for the 1st 2 tracks I put up once each, also out of curiosity. The 3rd was so bad in MP3 I thought it would be ludicrous to vote for it. I remember reading in a post that voting for your track once was exceptable behavior. Whatever.

Message 8/67             13-Dec-01  @  02:58 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

knowa

I did it once, to see how many votes I had. I'm fairly certain that this is not going to have much of an effect. I'm sure most people have more than my 47,437 votes...Kilo, you should set it up so that you can only vote for each track once from the same IP address. Of course, you could always surf the local libraries and vote from there, and get recent immigrants to vote for you as payment for "internet lessons."

Message 9/67             13-Dec-01  @  03:17 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

milan

47,437 votes!? (runs of to click on the track to see if its true...)

now THAT is a cool way to rig votes!

Message 10/67             13-Dec-01  @  03:29 PM   -   RE: alright you chumps thats ENOUGH

steve

knowa - lots of eu folk (like meself) have dynamic ips so each time we log on we`re running off a different number....

I still say its funny - how many people here are running cable? Some of those tracks wont stream at all for more than 5 secs on dialup yet they`ve been right up the top of the charts for weeks.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

There are 67 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)