aaa Sunset Gardens - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Sunset Gardens

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             14-Dec-01  @  12:50 AM     Edit: 14-Dec-01  |  12:52 AM   -   Sunset Gardens

panama

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

New track up called: Sunset Gardens. Yea I know, another track by panama... big f**ing deal! But, it's worth a listen...

I didn't spend much time on the mastering part and I did leave a few things out of the mix... But, I'm pretty happy about it (about 90 % sure that it's ay okay).

Anyway, give it a listen and some perspective. thanks. adios!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             14-Dec-01  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: Sunset Gardens

bedwyr

yeah, listening to it now. sounds very good. love the indian string sample, (if that's what it is) first break after synth comes in is a bit weak, imho. i think the synth sounds are a bit too straight, too straightforward, fk them up a bit maybe? the higher notes, you know; beep beep, not the baahh.   listening all the way through i find it lacks 'something' like it doesn't 'go' anywhere. love the first half though. keep it up!

Message 3/14             14-Dec-01  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: Sunset Gardens

panama

Link?:  No link

yea you could say the synth sounds are too straightforward... The string sound in the middle is too choppy, I wanted a different attack on the envelope, but with no avail. The beepy 101 was hard to control with it's crazy ass filter... I learned a lesson there. Never guess things without knowing your plan...

Anyway thanks for listening and being honest.

Message 4/14             14-Dec-01  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: Sunset Gardens

bedwyr

heh heh 'for being honest' - don't take it too personal, i'm just talking shit! ;)

Message 5/14             14-Dec-01  @  02:01 AM   -   RE: Sunset Gardens

bedwyr

hey, i've been listening to this for a while now, and i really like. i love the slam percussion 'loop' that comes in first. and the way the congas come in. you, know it really builds nice at the start, but i still thinks it looses it a bit after a while. what the synth? sounds a bit fm or sumik, the baah. maybe a little vs sounding. ha ha! just caught that break around 5.00 - c'mon panama! maybe it's after that that puts me off a little. send it out and about, geezer.

Message 6/14             14-Dec-01  @  10:00 AM   -   RE: Sunset Gardens

xoxos

don't want to fuck you up or anyhting, but your sound is getting to be tight as the fuck.. huge sounding..

what's "wrong" with this one.. you do the filter dip early at 3 mins where it's hanging (in lofi.. i'm not in a club so when the filter dips the percussion is pretty much disappearing) it's hanging on your beep.. then in the 4 minute stuff it's hanging on the beep again.. yeah.. at 5:30 when you hlve the kick, i think you realised it was hanging on it so the track melted for you..

you gotta massive theme and a massive osund, but i think to really pull this one over the top it's sounding like it oculd use one more synth sound to help in that 3-4 minute area.. but that ruff patvch that fades it out is cool as fuck.. a really wild screaming tearing lead would make this one explode with infinite virgins and all..

beats the snot out of most of the tracks i heard on bbc radio's dance shows last may..

Message 7/14             15-Dec-01  @  06:26 AM     Edit: 15-Dec-01  |  06:30 AM   -   RE: Sunset Gardens

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

thnx for the comments xoxos. I understand
what your saying about the beats holding onto
to the sqare lead when the percussion falls
out - I did want to put something ontop, but I
couldn't come up with anything to smooth
things over... I tried, but the tunings were all
fucked up, and presently I'm kind of tone deaf,
(I blame it on women   ). So I couldn't hear the
phat of the note anymore... drove me nuts.

bedwyr: yea, there is a good drive in the
beginning and then it sort of falls out a bit.
This is my problem, vibes go away after
sleeping... Like I'll write 7 straight hours, get
tired; see the sun come up, and put the tune
down. Then the next day or so, I'll come back,
and the vibe is gone...  

anyway, I hope you all enjoyed... more to
come...

Message 8/14             15-Dec-01  @  07:38 AM   -   RE: Sunset Gardens

d

Link?:  No link

wait a second! you're tone deaf because of women? how the hell does that one work?

Message 9/14             15-Dec-01  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: Sunset Gardens

panama

File?:  [image]

[image file]

don't ask lol! gotta do something with a
change in mood.

Message 10/14             15-Dec-01  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: Sunset Gardens

xoxos

i think it could probably make sense.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)