aaa high end - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: high end

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15

Original Message 1/144             12-Jan-02  @  09:34 PM   -   high end

Pongoid

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

a buddy of mine is about to invest in a really nice studio, and I'm looking for info on various old, warm, high end consoles. Not like SSL/Gamble type prices, but definately over the $100,000 mark. I know some of the stuff below that, but I'm kinda in the dark on the really high end. I know convertors, and the digital medium fairly well, but need more info on what, where and how much, before sinking re

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/144             12-Jan-02  @  09:34 PM   -   high end

Pongoid

a buddy of mine is about to invest in a really nice studio, and I'm looking for info on various old, warm, high end consoles. Not like SSL/Gamble type prices, but definately over the $100,000 mark. I know some of the stuff below that, but I'm kinda in the dark on the really high end. I know convertors, and the digital medium fairly well, but need more info on what, where and how much, before sinking re

Message 3/144             12-Jan-02  @  09:34 PM   -   high end

Pongoid

Message 4/144             12-Jan-02  @  09:36 PM   -   high end

Pongoid

a buddy of mine is about to invest in a really nice studio, and I'm looking for info on various old, warm, high end consoles. Not like SSL/Gamble type prices, but definately over the $100,000 mark. I know some of the stuff below that, but I'm kinda in the dark on the really high end. I know convertors, and the digital medium fairly well, but need more info on what, where, who, and how much, before sinking real money into the gear. Thanks.

Ape

Message 5/144             13-Jan-02  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: high end

influx

Link?:  Link

actually..I think you can score SSLs in that range to tell the truth. From what I understand they have a pretty wide range of offerings

amek?

K will know. Damballah will know. I dont know shit 

damn dude..you gonna have access to this system?

Message 6/144             13-Jan-02  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: high end

k

Link?:  No link

yes, with major studio's going bust all over the shop 100k will get you into that league no probs... how about a Harrison ?

Message 7/144             13-Jan-02  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: high end

k

Trident ? - you can get an ssl starting around 20k...

4040E for 15k! (no comp' & not filly loaded i dont think)... 4056E SSL 4000 series 56 channel console fitted with 56 mono channels, Total Recall, G computer Ģ52,000
- he's got a Neve Capricorn for Ģ60k !! (slurpy!!) AND CHEAP

here's the official SSL reseller page (warranteed refurbishe authorised etc)

http://www.usedssl.com/

Message 8/144             13-Jan-02  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: high end

k

try that to avoid the flash into's

Message 9/144             13-Jan-02  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: high end

influx

so are you gonna have access to this studio Pongoid?

Message 10/144             14-Jan-02  @  01:28 PM   -   RE: high end

milan

Go for a restored Neve V3 or whatever they were called. yum yum, warm sound plus the best EQ and compression. older SSLīs allegedly have crap EQ. never worked them myself so i cant say. but that Neve...aaah  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15

There are 144 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)