aaa creating movement in pads - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: creating movement in pads

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             18-Jan-02  @  08:27 AM   -   creating movement in pads

bster

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i'm trying to make a pad sound with movement in the pitch by modulating with LFO 1 and then appling some movement through Mix- envolpe 3 but the pitch starts modulating the same time as envolpe 3 starts creating movement, how do i programme a sound to create different times in movement in pitch, mix, width, sync etc?

any help, ideas any sites with tips on basic programming around?

bster

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             19-Jan-02  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: creating movement in pads

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Link?: Link

You can delay the lfo a bit...and use the 2nd lfo at a different speed.

Message 3/14             19-Jan-02  @  09:24 PM     Edit: 19-Jan-02  |  09:25 PM   -   RE: creating movement in pads

milan

Link?:  Link

i have an idea you might enjoy:

instead of an envelope, set an LFO to modulate whatever you like to create movement. set its speed to very slow. then, asign an envelope with very long attack time and full sustain to modulate the speed of that LFO. LFO wont start modulating the sound untill the envelope has reacher a certain level, hence- delayed modulation.

hehe...since i got my uQ i use very chance i get to play with it and experiment. boy am i happy  

cheers, m.

Message 4/14             19-Jan-02  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: creating movement in pads

nothingnewhere

if you have a extra env on your synth, you can delay(sorta) another env by setting the env (that will modulate cutoff or whatever) to a REALLY damn long attack time and all other settings normal. then you go to your modmatrix or whatever and set the filter env's attack time to be modulated by the extra env. then all you do is change the extra env's attack speed to detrermine the ammount of delay on the filter env.

hope that makes sense.

Message 5/14             19-Jan-02  @  09:37 PM   -   RE: creating movement in pads

nothingnewhere

oh. it would be nice to know what synth your using...

Message 6/14             20-Jan-02  @  12:55 AM   -   midi midi

honkeyhindu

ok i just got this baby.i have cakewalk..i downloaded he definition files .. nova only responds to pg chgs on ch 1 ..and not on any other..why

Message 7/14             20-Jan-02  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: creating movement in pads

bster

oh yeah i'm on the original supernova.

Message 8/14             20-Jan-02  @  12:32 PM   -   RE: creating movement in pads

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Honkey hindu,

set your nova to performance mode and make sure you're global midi channel is set to something outside the 1-6 (nova) or 1-8 (supernova) range otherwise you will change hte perf number instead of the prog number if you use that channel.. and please create a different topic for a *NEW* question.

Message 9/14             22-Jan-02  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: creating movement in pads

sitar

Link?:  Link

Yes that's what you need to do...as Bastiaan says. Global midi channel set to anything above the number of channels you have on your synth. And use Performance mode.

Message 10/14             23-Jan-02  @  10:26 PM   -   RE: creating movement in pads

k

bster.. what is this MIX envelope 3 you refer to?.. cant you set the env' 3 delay time higher or lower relative to the lfo? or does the lfo 'latch' to the envelope somehow?...

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)