aaa go ahead... - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: go ahead...

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             21-Jan-02  @  10:54 PM   -   go ahead...

sitarsong

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

...break my day. Or that's the title of a new track I uploaded. It's got breaks. Sounds a bit Prodigy-esque in parts. Final mix was done in a flash cuz time was running out so give me a little slack. Comments appreciated. thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             22-Jan-02  @  12:32 AM   -   RE: go ahead...

nothingnewhere

Link?: Link

this is great. i really like the little lull in the action around 2:00 and the one around 5:00. really like the breakdown thing at 3:00. the melody in the background around 3:45 is nice, but is taken over by the drums & bass, probably its just the mp3 quality tho. i wanna hear a hi-fi version.

Message 3/22             22-Jan-02  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: go ahead...

influx

Link?:  Link

so you went from sounding like orbital to sounding like The Orb 

its cool, man. A lot darker than what I would expect from such a happygolucky fella such as yourself, but...

cant say the mix sounds right, because it doesnt. Id be willing to bet that its due to conversion and not lack of attention, but...

overall...pretty cool, man. The first minute or so when it kept breaking down every other measure..I wasnt too into that. Seemed to interrupt the flow (perhaps do that more toward the middle?)

not telling you how to write your own tracks though. VERY crunch sound to this one, man.

I like what youre doin, sitar. now go off and show it to some labels, wouldya?

Message 4/22             22-Jan-02  @  02:16 AM   -   RE: go ahead...

influx

I was just comin back to say "well..its a bit long"...when I realized that winamp is set to loop 

Message 5/22             22-Jan-02  @  02:20 AM   -   RE: go ahead...

sitar

Thanks for the listen and words. The mix wasn't so much the conversion although that's what sent it completely over the edge. I was down to about an hour to record the audio/midi tune to my cd burner. Record it back to Sonar, plug in the mixing/mastering software, encode and upload to dt. Ass backwards way of doing it but in a pinch it's quicker. I didn't listen through half of it cuz I had to eat as well. So it was kind of a hail mary mix. I should save a "hail mary" preset for these occasions. I'll redo it next weekend, my next opportunity.

Labels, like I said, there's my friend's friend waiting for me to send him something. He must be wondering by now. Working on it.

Message 6/22             22-Jan-02  @  05:00 AM   -   RE: go ahead...

sitar

Wish I would've known. I could done with just 30 seconds of music and had enough time to master properly. Mine loops too.

Message 7/22             22-Jan-02  @  03:46 PM   -   RE: go ahead...

e

Link?:  No link

Pretty intence.........good job!

Message 8/22             22-Jan-02  @  03:51 PM   -   RE: go ahead...

e

sorry influx, somethings mest up with this keyboard...intense.....there we go it work now.  

Message 9/22             22-Jan-02  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: go ahead...

e

s...s...s... ok

Message 10/22             22-Jan-02  @  06:19 PM   -   RE: go ahead...

influx

hahahaha! sorry influx.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)