aaa New RS7000 track up - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New RS7000 track up

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             22-Jan-02  @  09:49 PM   -   New RS7000 track up

oldskool

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just got an RS7000 on saturday, nice box, still learning its many depths, this is something I've been doing with it. No other instruments used, for some reason its encoded pretty shytely? Haven't figured out arrangement on the RS7k yet so it all realtime stuff warts an all!

Death to Cubase! Long like the RS7000 ;P

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             22-Jan-02  @  10:29 PM   -   RE: New RS7000 track up

Maarten

Hurray for h/w sequencing, eh?
Catchy line from 1:19, very nice (for none acid standards  ... make sure to finish this and post the end result of course!

-M-

Message 3/18             23-Jan-02  @  01:12 AM   -   RE: New RS7000 track up

milan

Link?:  Link

cool. you´re getting nice sounds out of that machine. hell, i might sell my pc and get an rs7000 in the end. its my dream be able to do good music and not depend on a computer...

Message 4/18             23-Jan-02  @  05:03 AM   -   RE: New RS7000 track up

influx

Im getting used to mine. And the possibilities keep popping into my head...you know..that excited feeling?

I mean..SHIIIIT. you cant even SCSI samples to an MPC, but you can on this bitch!!!!!!

woohoo!!!!

Message 5/18             23-Jan-02  @  01:08 PM   -   RE: New RS7000 track up

dARKSTATe

Influx... Stop yakkin' and finish settin' up yer studio so we can got on wit' some dope shit! ;)

Don't be dissin' no software boyz!!

Marc_D

(Man these lunchbreaks are mindnumbingly boring!)

Message 6/18             23-Jan-02  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: New RS7000 track up

oldskool

Cheers M, still learning the box but itching to sync to me teebs for some new acid tracks.

Influx, I must admit once I first got the RS home I had some reservations but once I delved deeper those reservations paled in comparison to the options that this box gives - like the grid groove, gotta love that, each beat can be advanced or retarded by a specified number of ticks YUM! Ideal for vocals and stuff. Realistically I think you need to spend a couple of months using it as your main sequencer then you wont miss S\W sequencers.

I am still very much a newbie with this box but I think once you adapt to it the power, speed and results will be worth the time invested. I imagine I will be doing finished tracks with just this box, and thats not from neccessity as I have loads of other synths and stuff. Oh and if you havent got a smart media reader for your PC yet get one! Its so quick and easy to import wav files, superb.

Message 7/18             23-Jan-02  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: New RS7000 track up

influx

why not just SCSI it up? thats what I plan to do

My first reaction was the day after getting it. Already feeling more familiar with it although I dont know if Ill be doing ALL my sequencing with it. There are things you just cant do without a screen..

or 'I' cant do at least. but...this thing is definitely a hella powerful box!

Message 8/18             24-Jan-02  @  02:40 PM   -   RE: New RS7000 track up

Formant

what can't you do without a screen? lemme know because i have just dethroned sonar to an audio only app :-)

i am now doing all my midi on the rs...

btw have you listened to the internal snare/kick/hats/perc kits????? INSTNINKINSANE

i went to copy my 10-12 megs of fave drum samples into the box but only ended up with 7 megs because the internal drums sound better than my samples.

jamey

Message 9/18             24-Jan-02  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: New RS7000 track up

oldskool

Yep the fucking drums rock the discotech, I wish they had a few of the old eprom based sounds in there (DMX, Drumtraks etc) but I'll prolly just put em in meself in the sample common area. LOVE THIS BOX!

The only reason I use a screen, like Jamey is to edit wav files and for mastering CDs, the PC can't touch the RS for Midi. Some of the instrument sounds are kool and the gang as well.

Message 10/18             24-Jan-02  @  11:37 PM   -   RE: New RS7000 track up

influx

bullshit about the midi being the same. You gonna tell me you can do complex midi edits on the RS, in the same amount of time?

You try to tell me that and I'll say youre full of shit

drums are good, yes.

one thing...fuckin around last night and I had a sequence running, and I was trying to go through the filters on track one...just a kick and snare..and it would only do one of the lowpass filters...

can you not switch while the sequencer is playing?

Also..theres a newer OS out, isnt there? Hell I couldnt figger out how to tell which one mine is running but I thought maybe it was a bug that could be fixed...

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)