aaa In need of a quick multi-sample... - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: In need of a quick multi-sample...

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/16             07-Feb-02  @  10:10 PM   -   In need of a quick multi-sample...

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am in dire need of a particular multi-sample! We have just submitted a mix-down to our record co. and they want us to include a particular house-organ sound. Apparently this is because we have done a speed garage track and, in the words of our promoter... "all successful speed garage tracks are using this sound!".

The only way I can desribe this sound is an electric piano/organ sound that has been used in many house tracks for the last eight years and is rearing it's head once more! It's not a hammond or rhodes, but an almost tacky sounding synth organ hit that is reminiscent of a xylophone/piano/organ.

I have trauled through the sounds in my keyboards and modules but cannot find the bastard!

Please help! We need the sound by the end of next week at the latest!

Thank you for your help!

Steve!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/16             07-Feb-02  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: In need of a quick multi-sample...

Maarten

Link?: Link

Can't help but sure hope I never end up in such a situation...

-M-

Message 3/16             07-Feb-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: In need of a quick multi-sample...

Steve Roughley

I tell you. It's a complete bastard! The record co. will take the track as-is, but will possibly make TWICE AS MANY pressings if we include this sound! I don't know! The British music industry is F*@!ED!

Steve.

Message 4/16             07-Feb-02  @  11:21 PM   -   RE: In need of a quick multi-sample...

influx

Link?:  Link

tell them to stick it up their stupid money hungry ass with a comment like that

and just in case..maybe its an old FM tine piano sound?

or lately bass? lately/solid bass was a staple for years and sounds rather pingy higher up...

fucking lamest thing Ive ever heard. best of luck to you

Message 5/16             07-Feb-02  @  11:39 PM     Edit: 07-Feb-02  |  11:43 PM   -   RE: In need of a quick multi-sample...

steve

its the dx100 organ sound, I asked k if he`d put multisamples up a while ago but he`s been pretty busy. You might be able to find it if you search for dx100 +organ +zip or whatever....

Message 6/16             07-Feb-02  @  11:42 PM   -   RE: In need of a quick multi-sample...

steve

heh, so I try it with +wav instead of zip and the first hit in google is xoxos` homepage   Dunno if its a multisample or whatever, but give it a go anyway.

Message 7/16             11-Feb-02  @  06:36 PM   -   RE: In need of a quick multi-sample...

Steve Roughley

File?:  File

House_Organ_01.mp3

I have posted a hit of the organ sound that I am after. I found it on a garage tarck. Once you hear it you will recognise it instantly!

Thanks for all of your help!

Steve

Message 8/16             11-Feb-02  @  08:37 PM     Edit: 11-Feb-02  |  09:39 PM   -   RE: In need of a quick multi-sample...

bedwyr

File?:  File

dx200organ.mp3

if it is a dx100 and if you can find some dx100 sysex, post them here and i'll put them in me fm7 and send you the multi.

dunno if this helps,^ 128 mono, small gaps between notes so you need to edit in wavelab or something.

Message 9/16             11-Feb-02  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: In need of a quick multi-sample...

Steve Roughley

That dx200.mp3 sample sounds perfect!!! If only I could shake your hand!

Only one question though, do you know the note range? (What are the first and last notes in that mp3?)

Steve.

Message 10/16             11-Feb-02  @  11:19 PM   -   RE: In need of a quick multi-sample...

bedwyr

d e f g a b c d e f g a. tell me if you want any lower or longer notes (i don't now how they'll loop). glad to help.

Pages: 1 2

There are 16 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)