aaa I need feedback too!!!!!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31             05-Mar-02  @  03:00 PM   -   I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Everyone

I've just uploaded a new track called "Passing Clouds", but I'm in a bit of a quandry about which flava it should be listed under, so could some of you give it a listen, and let me know which genre you think it's nearest to. Any other comments, suggestions, criticism etc would also be appreciated. Thanx in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/31             05-Mar-02  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

david G

weirdtechnoise
its nice. i dont really like the piano thingie in the end, but thats a matter of taste i guess. it reminds me of something i heard before...one of the orbital albums, dont remember the name, its got a grey cover.
do you play some instrument? it sounds like you know somthing about music, i mean not in a technical sense.
david

Message 3/31             05-Mar-02  @  06:46 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

No, I don't play an instrument - wish I did! I've got a keyboard, and I guess if I want to use Reason I'm going to have to learn to play it, after some fashion. Perhaps I'm getting the grasp of melody? THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS!

Message 4/31             05-Mar-02  @  07:47 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

sitar

Link?:  Link

I'll try to have a listen tonight if I can. Snivilization is the grey Orbital album. I'm compelled to listen.

Message 5/31             05-Mar-02  @  10:01 PM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

xoxos

Link?: Link

you don't need feedback, what you need is ritalin  

Message 6/31             06-Mar-02  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

sitarsong

I couldn't say which genre. Could fit under the name techno in context with other techno tracks on a cd. But I'm only taking a stab. It's nice. The instruments are very detuned in relationship to eachother. Did you use fruity loops? I ask cuz I recognize a sound that a friend of mine used in fruity. It's also on a track in an Unreal Tournament map called Hall of Legends. I liked the piano thing near the end of the track. I think the track shows you have imagination and are willing to try some things that aren't necessarily done. Keep going. Sorry I can't help out with the genre. I didn't catch the Orbital sound David G was on to. I'll listen again.

Message 7/31             06-Mar-02  @  12:09 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Thanks xoxos! I don't do drugs though! Do you?

I think I'd better make it clear from the outset that I was not trying to copy Orbital. I'm not even that familiar with their work, so any similarity is unintentional.

Message 8/31             06-Mar-02  @  12:15 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Hello Sitar,

Thank you for your comments, I'm relieved that you didn't notice too much similarity to Orbital (see my previous message!).

The track was done in Orion, using the plucked string synth, MDA piano, Native instruments B4, and a Rainbow synth for the bassline with the piano.

I think the company that produces Fruity has got some connection to Sonic Syndicate, so they probably use the same instruments.

Message 9/31             06-Mar-02  @  01:32 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

bedwyr

i find the detuning a bit odd. don't mind it on the high string (is that the b4?), but it just sounds out of tune on the other things. the second sound you have coming in is out of tune, to my ears. or the first is out of tune. either way it annoys me  

i'd call it techno. just coz of the constant high hat and non constant kick. that piano bit at the end is cool enough. keep posting!

Message 10/31             06-Mar-02  @  02:33 AM   -   RE: I need feedback too!!!!!!

Cloud Nine

Yeah, that high string is the b4. Either one of us is tone deaf, or you're hearing it differently to everyone else. Or, it might possibly be that it sounds out of tune to you because of the flanging. Thanks for your comments though.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)