aaa Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

14-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             07-Mar-02  @  08:53 PM   -   Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

Murray

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Dudes(ses),

Anyone seen the new Web Site - www.novationmusic.com ? An improvement I think - faster. Uploadable files, so I uploaded my
(Super)nova (II) SoundDiver adaptations and hopefully they will have found their spiritual home at last.

Also rang Novation the other day and was told there would be some announcement on OS for the SN II at Musikmesse next week and might be downloadable by end March.

ADAT card now scheduled for "end of Summer"

Cheers

Murray Webster

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             07-Mar-02  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

k

Link?: Link

link

Message 3/12             08-Mar-02  @  07:30 PM   -   RE: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

Me

Another promise from Novation to get peoples hopes up.?.!.

Message 4/12             11-Mar-02  @  01:18 AM   -   RE: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

gb

Link?:  Link

ah, heck, what do you want the adat card for anyway ? until somebody makes som sort of adat patchbay, it's not at all that useful...

Message 5/12             11-Mar-02  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

k

i dunno... alot of people use adat card systems, and you can inject your SN audio direct to digital into your h/d system. - it's 'bending a knee' to the 'pro' side of the industry methinks, but if for example you use an RME system (with 2 or 4 x 8 adat in's) you can alocate 8 in's for the SN and another 8 or more for other external audio sources either by adat or analog IN. (that's how it works ain't it?.. the SN puts it's 8 parts out on 8 x adat feeds??)

PC's are getting WAY stronger for input monitoring now and this method is becoming more and more viable. I guess they added it so that their product could be more classed as more 'pro' (for the industry).

Message 6/12             13-Mar-02  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

gb

yeah, but then I would have to bypass the 01v... That's my point. There's no easy way to find any good use for the snii adat expansion, unless you want to manually repatch everything.

And there's also the question of "is it really digital" ? Or do they just take the analog output and convert it back to digital (yielding lower quality) ?

Message 7/12             14-Mar-02  @  06:42 PM   -   RE: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

CK aka PENBOA

gb, what you say is true for you, but lots of people don't use digital mixers, and with Logic Control and Steinberg Huston many people may end up using a small analog mixer and mixing in software with a control surface. For them ADAT could be useful. Also other digital mixers have better digital IO options, so ADAT may be attactive.

Of course it is really digital!

Message 8/12             14-Mar-02  @  07:16 PM     Edit: 14-Mar-02  |  07:19 PM   -   RE: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

gb

Oh, I see. You're right.

If the alternative is getting it into the PC through an analog connection, then the adat option would certainly be excellent. And of course the 01v should have more than one adat in. That part of the 01v really sucks.

Message 9/12             20-Mar-02  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

chris

Well, the new OS better have something special. The new virus3 bridges the gap on features and exceeds the SN2 by a good stretch. i.e. 16 channels all with their own effects apparently, whereas SN2 is still stuck with 8 channels.

Virus was outselling Supernova anyhow - Novation are going to have to pull their socks up I reckon!

Chris

Message 10/12             20-Mar-02  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: Novation Web Site / New OS / ADAT

CK aka PENBOA

Um, but delay and reverb are still global, so no improvement their. There isn't much to choose between them, although I think the interface on the SN / SNII is better.

They both have a big problem, namely that VSTi are catching up fast. I wouldn't want to be making hardware synths right now.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)