aaa new trance track.. - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new trance track..

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             10-Mar-02  @  08:37 PM   -   new trance track..

DjMik

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

After working with this band doing some eurodance i FINALLY got to do what i love again..and damn i enjoyed making this piece!   Check it out and give me some comments.. It's at my dancetech page called "Moving Emotion", melodic trance.. Sounds REALLY crappy in mono lo-fi..sounds dryer than it really is...anyway..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             10-Mar-02  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: new trance track..

DjMik

Ooops...that wrong name in the id tag...it's called Moving Emotion anyway... =)

Message 3/12             10-Mar-02  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: new trance track..

sitar

Nice melodic thing going on. I need to ask, how does one get those rolls. I know about the timing and stuff but my problem is that I take a single snare sample and paste it to make a 16th or 32nd or triplet roll and it just doesn't sound right. The samples don't sonically weld together well is what I mean. I hear rolls a lot in trance and I know you have to paste them together. Is it the type of snare, or is it some reverb or how much of a tail you give the original sample?

Nice track. Very tight. Glad you're back and enjoyed making it.  

Message 4/12             10-Mar-02  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: new trance track..

#

Link?:  No link

Cool track man

Sitar,only one snare at a time,think MONO,when one snare hits the last one mutes,use the Mute group function in your samplers sample volume pages or just change it to mono(not in the stereo sense!)

Message 5/12             10-Mar-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: new trance track..

Brett B

also use vleocity that goes from like 10,25,20,17,32,25,37,42,39,49 this is me trying to visualize it, but you know what I mean i hope. So the velocity isn't just a straight curve going up on the rolls but sets of rolls grouped together that get louder with each one, and then when you get to the tight 32 or even 64th slide at the end make shure you decrease the velocity on the part or it will jump out to loud. I also layer a wind whitenoise over it to give it a swhooshing air. Works very well in trance where softness is what you are looking for on the roll.

Message 6/12             11-Mar-02  @  12:38 AM   -   RE: new trance track..

sitar

Cool. Thanks for the answers. Don't want to steal your thread DjMik. Nice track again.

Message 7/12             11-Mar-02  @  08:12 AM   -   RE: new trance track..

DjMik

Thanks! I'm learning something here also! The snare i used is tr-909 sample.. I cut off frequencies below 400Hz, compressed it a bit,
used quite a lot of reverb, and it's mono like said.. Compressed with the kick it fades when the kick hits and comes back louder so you get that pumping feeling..

Message 8/12             11-Mar-02  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: new trance track..

sitar

Nice. I heard the 909s. 2 years ago I thought 909 was the train I'd catch to go to New Haven. Now I recognize it loud and clear. Woohoo! Actually the train reads "9:05 out of new york" on the schedule but it always leaves 4 minutes late and now I know why. It's what happens when the damn engineer is a wanabe dance producer.

Message 9/12             11-Mar-02  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: new trance track..

#

Sorry mik don't mean to hog your thread I'll shut up once I say this

But with the whole Mute group thing,you should try putting your open hats in certain sections of a track into the same group as the snares,so when your snare hits the hi hat cuts,giving a nice chugging effect when you are using 909 snare rolls and flams,gives that real shuffly early 90's house music effect.I love it

Message 10/12             12-Mar-02  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: new trance track..

cloud nine

Nice track DJ Mik. You seem to have a knack for trance. Good work.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)