aaa ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++ - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/45             13-Mar-02  @  05:00 AM   -   ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello K,

I was wondering, would it be possible to have another category in the GENRE/FLAVA section? Something like Dance/New Age Crossover or some such thing. Then all us odd bods who are doing something that's not pure dance music, but still falls within the bounds of it would have a section of our own.

I can't be the only one who's constantly encountering a problem when it comes to deciding which flava to list my tracks in. I'm opting for Techno or Ambient most of the time, but it's not really satisfactory. Another section would make a great site even better.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/45             13-Mar-02  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

k

well decide between yourselves on it then sure.

Message 3/45             13-Mar-02  @  05:45 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Cloud Nine

What should I do then K? Put it to a vote? You're in charge, so ultimately the decision is yours anyway.

Message 4/45             13-Mar-02  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

bedwyr

Link?: Link

get some more ppl, mccloud. i'm quite happy with 'house' meself. (and maybe leave the ++++ for k)

Message 5/45             13-Mar-02  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

xoxos

use looser interpretations of the headers, ie. imho techno is anything concerning technology or technique, raw songs is a good one, as is new jazz.. every track i've heard by you i'd happily apply to any of these genres  

is this an abuse of the genre system?

Message 6/45             13-Mar-02  @  02:36 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

sitar

Link?:  Link

Chillout could be useful or Ambient something or other. There was one category I suggested in a post some time ago but I don't remember what it was. Guess it's not that important.

Message 7/45             13-Mar-02  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

Brett B

"Down-tempo/experimental"

Message 8/45             13-Mar-02  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

k

actualy, when I get time, i'm building a delimiter to re-set everyones FLAVA settings - there is TOO many FLAVA's - i wnt to prune it down so the delimoter will parse everyones FLAVA settings and reset any ones we change to a new one

for example i think 2 Trance genre's is fine - club-trance & classic-trance ?

i dunno, and only one for house ?.. mebbe it's not worth it, or mebbe i just need to organise the FLAVA's drop-down list to display the genre's in order, but they are not in order in the database cos I didnt crate them all one after the other putting all 'house' genre's one after the other... so i should really hard code it in order so all the 'trance' genre's are stacked with each other & all house & techno etc...

anyways you guys decide on the new genre, it's nowt to do with me, i'll add it when you decide.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/45             13-Mar-02  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

damballah

how about "airy-fairy"?

Message 10/45             13-Mar-02  @  07:32 PM   -   RE: ++++++K, I've Got A Request++++++

moujik

...."Gay Diva House".

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 45 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)