aaa <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>> - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             21-Mar-02  @  06:59 PM   -   <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi Everybody,

I've just uploaded a couple of new tracks. I think they're my best to date, but you may not agree, your comments as always are welcome. Thanx in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             22-Mar-02  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

xoxos

Link?: Link

did you ever add the file for firedance? oceanic nice, nice touches. still i'd like to hook you up with a quiet synthesizer that puts spaces in :p

Message 3/15             22-Mar-02  @  11:38 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Thanks Xoxos. FireDance is on the music page, or at least it was. I had some trouble uploading it, but I did put it up, so yes it's there.

My next track is going to consist of three chords repeating at 30 second intervals, with spaces of silence in between. A la Philip Glass.

Message 4/15             23-Mar-02  @  12:14 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

xoxos

i think the filesize limits you to less than four hours  

Message 5/15             23-Mar-02  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Yes you're right - do you think less than four hours would be long enough?

Message 6/15             23-Mar-02  @  09:38 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

bedwyr

did you put a bassline in firedance? not that you need basslines ...

on oceanic the kick level varies a bit. is it supposed to?

it's all a bit strange, for me, for a saturday morning.  

Message 7/15             23-Mar-02  @  09:48 AM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

david G

i like oceanic a lot,

have you ever listened to something by x-asp? oceanic reminds me of a cd they released on rephlex records 5 or 6 years ago. this is really nice! dreamy and trancey. would love to hear a hifi version.

Message 8/15             23-Mar-02  @  12:53 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

Cloud Nine

Hello Bedwyr. Wicked Friday night was it? No, there isn't a bassline in Firedance, I took it out because it was causing the track to clip, I'm trying to find a way of putting it back in at the moment, if I can I'll re-up it later on with it in.

The drums are meant to vary in Oceanic - yes.

Thank you for your comments David, I'll see if I can arrange to get a hi-fi version of it to you. Obviously it does sound better in hi-fi, not that it's lost too much in the encoding. No, I haven't heard anything by x-asp, the idea for it came to me after I saw that thread where DJMik was appealling for a sea sample. Although he wanted the real thing, and what I used there was a synthesized version.

Message 9/15             23-Mar-02  @  04:12 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

DjMik

Now I need to listen this...   Too bad I can't stream anything...dunno what's the problem but I'll d/l it. Nice ambient stuff!! I like the part where the drums come in.. Btw I synthesized sea for my new track too..I'll upload it some day.

Message 10/15             23-Mar-02  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: <<<<<<+FireDance & Oceanic+>>>>>>

xoxos

ooh ooh i did one too, in 'sand island.' it's intentionally synthetic though. like this post.

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)