aaa A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

30-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             10-Apr-02  @  03:56 PM   -   A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

bootlegging - it might not matter for mp3.com abient rock synth wankfest tracks, but for dancemusic putting HI-FI on the www leaves you RANKLY open to bootlegging - think about it... hi-fi converted to wav and taken down to the pressing plant makes a tasty white! - you'll never know about it either in 99.99% of cases unless by sheer luck it get's pressed in your manor and you hear it on local FM or a club night, and even then you aint gonna know who did it and who is out there pressing it either!

That more than anything is why we recommend lo-fi tracks - they could still be bootlegged with a ruff lo-tech club track sound if re-tweaked in an editor, but in most cases they wont be.

But HI-FI... it's an open invitation frankly.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             10-Apr-02  @  04:21 PM   -   RE: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

david G

Link?:  No link

lol id steal DJ MEGAHEAD's trax and make a godzillion of $$$$

Message 3/11             10-Apr-02  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

damballah

Link?: Link

translation? Ape, put 'em here

Message 4/11             10-Apr-02  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

Pongoid

All of my tracks are licensed under the Free Art License. I'm all for folks sampling my tunes. If they can do better stuff with my sounds than I can, more power to them. Check the link. All is explained.

Ape

Message 5/11             10-Apr-02  @  08:19 PM   -   RE: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

sitar

Yea Ape, but somebody could take your tracks straight away and use them as their own. Bummer but you know there are people that would do something like that.

I thought about that being a possibility when I first saw people putting their tracks up on mp3.com. Was wondering what would stop anybody really. Then one has to prove that he/she did the track first if one ever found out.

If only people could be honest.

Message 6/11             10-Apr-02  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

xoxos

so just take a picture of you standing in front of road signs all over the world weilding medieval farm implements. god knows it's be a viable threat if you'd started a few years ago  

Message 7/11             13-Apr-02  @  01:40 AM   -   RE: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

Paullyboy8440

K, i understand what your saying but what about those who just want to put up music for fun. If someone wants to steal my crap tracks, good for them (that means i'm liked). I'll be happy seeing my tracks up in spotlites... i'd rather not be famous. Just want those to enjoy my track at home at full quality..

Message 8/11             13-Apr-02  @  03:31 AM   -   RE: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

sitar

"they could still be bootlegged with a ruff lo-tech club track sound if re-tweaked in an editor."

As I look back, I have decided at this moment that my plan all along was to make tracks that sound so poor to begin with that in lo-fi they're totally useless for even the ruff lo-tech club sound. And as I look back I must say, I've executed my plan to perfection. Sort of a roundabout way of patting myself on the back. Works for me.

Message 9/11             13-Apr-02  @  03:07 PM   -   RE: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

k

well Pauly - pay us, and sure you can all have a hi-fi upload & d/l area... we dont get any money y'know for bandwidth or space.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/11             14-Apr-02  @  10:32 PM   -   RE: A WORD ON HI-FI D/LOADS

Paullyboy8440

oh k, i'm not really asking for space. I was just explaining why some would like hi-fi uploads.

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)