aaa Gin and tonic please - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Gin and tonic please

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26             21-Apr-02  @  07:47 PM   -   Gin and tonic please

proximus

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I'm new to the board and I'd really like some feedback on my song. It is called Past Times and fits the chillout genre quite well.

http://www.dancetech.com/members/my_tracks/ram/DT_ACFB301385915.m3u

Sorry for the misleading topic, but enjoying a gin and tonic while listening to this song is not just a bad idea, but also a great suggestion.

Cheers!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/26             21-Apr-02  @  07:57 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

damballah

Airplane smaple. heh heh. "I speak jive."

Message 3/26             21-Apr-02  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

proximus

hehe.. I thought nobody would recognize it  

What you think of the rest of the song then?

Message 4/26             21-Apr-02  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

Paullyboy8440

I like it! its great! I was waiting for the beat to come back and it did! wow! got my vote.

Message 5/26             21-Apr-02  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

bedwyr

Link?:  Link

halooo. yes. piano's a bit quiet, dontcha think? either that or the drums & bass are too loud. but it's the same thing. try and simplify that piano melody bit in the break & make a feature? maybe? ok. yes.

Message 6/26             22-Apr-02  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

damballah

everything I type may be wrong 'cause of these crap little computer speakers but the sounds seem a bit ordinary or common, like maybe they're presets, and everything seems so upfront and direct, like a synth plugged right into the sound card, lacking any back to front depth and space.

preamps, tubes, amp simulators, miked amps, actual and simulated spaces. good things. burnish the surfaces, take some of the gloss off. but like I said, these are impressions from a lo-fi file through some polk audio crap, your mileage may vary.

Message 7/26             22-Apr-02  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

proximus

Thanks for the replies, it's really helpful to get some real feedback.

Paullyboy8440: Thanks man, by the way I love your breaks.

bedwyr: Yeah the piano is a bit quiet, it's not that obvious in the hifi version.

damballah: I wanted a clean sound, but not a sterile sound though, hehe. Some of the sounds are preset yes, 50-50.

By the way, I disagree with k that you shouldn't put your good sound quality versions of your tracks online because somebody might rip- or bootleg them. High quality is so much better, especially stereo.. hehe. What if artists started releasing cds in low quality so that nobody would bootleg it?

I can put up a link with the high quality version of it if anyone's interested.

Cheers!

Message 8/26             22-Apr-02  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

influx

Link?:  Link

you cant do anything about CD, but K's point was that what if you DID put up a quality track and YOU never got to see it to fruition because someone ganked it

yet another one that thinks his stuff is just too damn good for lofi.

Message 9/26             22-Apr-02  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

Paleface

Link?:  No link

Yeah, I like this a lot - it's the kind-of stuff I'd like to produce if I could bother to sit down with the sampler long enough. Or more to the point, if I had time to spend days and days on music - like I will this summer.

But yeah. The piano chords are nice, tight sevenths and ninths, it works, the kick's nice, and the bass is pretty good on my shithouse PC speakers - would love to hear a hi-fi version. It's not outstanding, but certainly pleasant, and fulfils its needs.

Message 10/26             22-Apr-02  @  09:16 PM   -   RE: Gin and tonic please

proximus

It has nothing to do with that I think my music is too damn good for lofi, it's just that hifi sounds better.

Paleface: thanks man, I'll email you the link for the hifi

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)