aaa Looking for urls on creating patche - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Looking for urls on creating patche

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             22-Apr-02  @  02:10 PM   -   Looking for urls on creating patche

c

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello, I have been on a quest lately to find sites with tutorials on creating different patches from stabs to padst to basslines to leads, maybe even a little hoover info. Any suggestions would be grreatly appreciated. I have really not found that many at all and when I do it's usually just a quick mention. Not really sure why people don't discuss this more often. seems to me to be such an important part of creating electronic. Thanks C

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             22-Apr-02  @  08:49 PM   -   RE: Looking for urls on creating patche

xoxos

Link?: Link

hahaha

Message 3/11             23-Apr-02  @  02:52 AM   -   RE: Looking for urls on creating patche

brett

so what style of music do you do? You know, you have to have the right synth for that style!!!!!

hehehe

stop being naive, and do a search here for what ever you need.

, or if you are some creative DT'er being funny, keep it coming, cause this shit is rich.

Message 4/11             23-Apr-02  @  02:09 PM   -   RE: Looking for urls on creating patche

k

it's not such a terrible question - I reckon many newbies want this stuff.... we need a section about this stuff really.

Message 5/11             23-Apr-02  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: Looking for urls on creating patche

Brett

comon K, it's still funny.

It's like going into a hospital and saying "can someone call an ambulance, I am hurt!"
synth proggy thread would be a good place to have some ideas. waveforms , filters modulation, it can be dificult.

Message 6/11             23-Apr-02  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: Looking for urls on creating patche

xoxos

i was laughing cos it's the same newbie, mister k, honest, really. i'd never say anything bad like brett did. hate him, he's just over there.

Message 7/11             23-Apr-02  @  11:02 PM   -   RE: Looking for urls on creating patche

Brett

over where? ....here? ... No!... there!

Message 8/11             26-Apr-02  @  10:54 PM   -   RE: Looking for urls on creating patche

sitar

Link?:  Link

Yea it's not such a terrible question. It's hard to figure out what's going on with some sounds you hear. I was trying intermitently to figure out a morphing Orbital sound since I got my first synth. I finally got it last night.

Message 9/11             27-Apr-02  @  10:49 AM   -   RE: Looking for urls on creating patche

brentym

"...hate him, he's just over there..."

is it just me, or is that fucking hilarious?

Message 10/11             29-Apr-02  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: Looking for urls on creating patche

proximus

I'm not gonna be ignorant or anything, but honestly I don't like such quides. It reminds me too much of those DIY in Future Music I thought was gonna revolutionize my music. I remember when they had DIY Trance and they thought us how to make a four on the floor standard trance beat, qeezus  

But I guess tips and hints in how to program your *own sounds* can be really usefull, i.e. I read something on this board a while ago about this. Someone said that sometimes just modulating small things, such as volume of ringmodulation or small changes in the resonance can give the sounds much more variety. He\She also said that also that we too many times just modulate the crucial parts of the sound, like filter cutoff for example.

I once found a quide written by one of the novation staff on how to make strings and basses on my nova, but honestly it didn't really improve my sounds even though it was quite interesting reading.

Maybe this wasn't much help.. but... well, I just think you have to play with your synth, learn it more or less inside out. Then you will discover how to make those sounds, i.e. you hear a cool sound in a song and you instantly figures how to make it with your own synth. That is awsome :D

But then again, I once heard a wise guy say: Innovate don't immitate.

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)