aaa ROLAND _MC303 - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: ROLAND _MC303

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             26-Apr-02  @  09:50 PM   -   ROLAND _MC303 - bulk dump

jdinsmore

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Help! I have the recent reissue of the MC-303 Groovebox. I need to do a bulk dump but my computer isn't recognizing the Groovebox. I have it plugged in with an adapter through the gamepad port. I don't know anything about this stuff and I can't find any information anywhere! Please help!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             27-Apr-02  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: ROLAND _MC303

Bastiaan (Hajee)

Link?: Link

www.geocities.com/basvandewerk...

Message 3/11             28-Apr-02  @  04:36 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _MC303

Brett

your first mistake was buying an mc-303. They are fun to play with if new to music, but you will outgrow that thing like a child outgrows shoes.

Message 4/11             28-Apr-02  @  10:38 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _MC303

k

and what are you dumping too?.. cubase?... if so, is the sysex thru/record option switched ON ?

Message 5/11             28-Apr-02  @  11:35 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _MC303

bedwyr

very helpfull, brett.

Message 6/11             28-Apr-02  @  04:03 PM   -   RE: ROLAND _MC303

jdinsmore

No, you're right... I needed something simple and inexpensive to do beats and sounds and I read that Peaches uses the 303 so I picked one up... it didn't take long to learn that it's a lot more limited than I had hoped. Nonetheless, the memory is full and I'm not interested in pitching the thing in the trash.

I know nothing about this stuff... totally new to MIDI... at the time I'm not dumping to anything... if I get Cubase will it recognize the 303, theoretically, and solve my problem? Or do you know of any simple MIDI recording programs I could download that would do the same? All I need is to clear this stuff out of the memory so that I can add more without losing what I''ve done!

Message 7/11             29-Apr-02  @  05:28 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _MC303

Brett

if you are creative with it you can do cool stuff, but really it has horible midi control and implimentation. As a stand alone unit it's cool for trigering samples and doing live shit. Single Cell 'Orchestra used use two of them . but it was some work watching him dump and load for every track cause the memory on it is so small.

it was one of my first synths. I loved it at first and grew to hate as soon as i tried to use it in a studio set up.

At one time i could remember all the functions but it's been years. sorry.

sorry to be so snide, i have a thing against the whole "groove" gear market.

as for what you want to do, hit function and 15,16, 13 somthing. like that. then you use the arrows to go over in the menu and hit enter then enter agian and it sends. if you have your software sysex editor open you just pick an empty bank and select recieve or new the dump and it should record the input.

Message 8/11             29-Apr-02  @  05:34 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _MC303

Brett

oh, and you have to delete the memory after you send to free it up. you use the intiialize function. Also, you can use the thining thing to open up memory. It's the controler events that eat it up. And you use the thining data function to reduce it. You can use the synth as 16 channel module by holing the fubction button and turning on the synth. Then just use midi banks and patch commands to select sounds. You have to use rpn and nprn to control things like filter etc, but that's another lesson. this is why I got rid of it. It seems simple in use, but really gets complicated in use when useing sequencing software. I learned alot about midi using that thing. hex, rpn, nprn, sysex,msb, lsb etc.

Message 9/11             29-Apr-02  @  09:20 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _MC303

bedwyr

wa-hey!

Message 10/11             29-Apr-02  @  09:30 AM   -   RE: ROLAND _MC303

milan

how do you call people who use lsbīs?

lsbians!

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)