aaa xt doing the nova stuff - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: xt doing the nova stuff

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             01-May-02  @  02:40 PM   -   xt doing the nova stuff

proximus

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

It seems like a lot of people say that the XT is not very good for bass or leads and that it is awsome for pads "xt the big orange pad machine". People also say that the nova is awsome on bass and maybe on pads too ..

Since I got the xt I don't use the nova for bass sounds.. especially not in my trance tunes.. All my latest trance tracks use bass from xt, while all the pads I use .. ALL!.. are programmed on my Nova.. Am I doing something wrong? Do I got a xt in my nova chassis and nova in my xt chassis?

I think the xt has great bass sounds.. it has some ok pads too.. hmm, maybe it's just coz I haven't really started making my own sounds on the xt yet. Is it just me or is it a bit hard to program? My nova is like a dream to program  

Some of the presets on the xt is just jolly good excellent in my opinion. Anyway, synths shouldn't have good presets because then you relay on them and not so much on your own sounds.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             01-May-02  @  05:33 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

milan

well, i think you figured this out already: ANY synth can do basses and pads, its just a matter what YOU can get out of it. if it works for you, then use it. dont pay too much attention to what people say. if they think xt is not good for bass then there´s a lesser chance that they will come up with the sound you used.

i am, for example, getting great bass sounds out of my Matrix1000 which is widely regarded as a great synth for pads, but lacking in bass department. man, i can only laugh while i listen to the low end rumble coming out of my speakers. oops, i didnt even swich the unison mode on  

you know what i mean? if its good, its good.

Message 3/19             01-May-02  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

proximus

wise words my friend

Message 4/19             01-May-02  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

xoxos

damn straight.

Message 5/19             01-May-02  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

k

Link?:  Link

aight!!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/19             01-May-02  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

influx

seen.

but proximus...why would you ask such a question? who CARES what people SAY? Do you trust yourself? your ears? YOUR thoughts?

then THOSE matter, and not some stupid fucking geek who says "well you have to get a virus for harsh gritty sounds, a nova for smooth sounds and stuff, and an XT for experimental"

if someone comes off with that sort of shit you should tell them to cram it up your ass

and then carry on as before if youre happy with what youre getting

Message 7/19             01-May-02  @  11:24 PM     Edit: 01-May-02  |  11:24 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

proximus

influx, of course you are right, why should I care what other people think? Do I care?

I think I don't care so much really. I just thought it was kinda ironic when I read somewhere that the xt was really poor on bass when I feel it's ferkin' great.

Is ferkin' a word? At least it sounds good

When you are a newbie other opinions on your gear count a lot, at least it did for me. It was because I wasn't getting the sounds I wanted. It wasn't the synth's fault anyway.

By the way, do you guys feel that the xt a bit tricky to program? I feel that nova is for me very intuitive and more hands-on than the xt, even though the xt has more knobs ;)

Oh my god, I'm missing 60 minutes

Cheers!

Message 8/19             02-May-02  @  05:53 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

sitar

Andy Rooney on synthesizers? "You ever wonder why they call it portamento? I always thought portamento meant to hold a note. Why can't you buy a synthesizer without the filters. You can get cigarettes that way. I went to NAMM the other day. They had semi good looking girls trying to sell me the latest drumboxes. I'm sorry, but I have too many drumboxes already, and none of them really does what the manufacturer claims it can do. Look at this one for instance. It says it plays something called drum and bass. But I can't find a bass in it anywhere. When I called the company about this the guy hung up on me...."  

What Milan and Influx said. It's actually good I think to listen to what other people say. Then you can decide what to keep from it all and what to discard as your experience grows. I get great basses out of my Supernova.

Message 9/19             02-May-02  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

sitar

I love Andy Rooney.

Message 10/19             02-May-02  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: xt doing the nova stuff

bedwyr

a ferkin is a volume of beer, maybe a big barrel.

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)